"The World's Biggest Weekend"

When newly amped Voyager class were put on short Florida I asked the same question, but they proved they knew the market better than me.   Then they upgauged to Freedom class, then they upgauged to Oasis class.   

They have some booking data now and they know the market well.   The beauty of cruise ships is the ability to adapt and deploy them in response to the market.  The short Florida market has changed due to a number of factors including how Royal is driving some of that change.   

I am confident this will work out well for Royal, not so much for other lines that are still putting old, tired and small ships on short Florida.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is looking to attract families of Florida residents.  Disney did away with FL resident annual passes for multiple years during and following the pandemic, only recently reintroducing them.  However, annual passes continue to not have the same value they had previously at a more inflated price.  This also can be a supplement for vacationing families that would normally just spend a week in Orlando.

Crowded cruise ship full with kids is still significantly easier situation than spending several days at Orlando Theme parks.