Adding an additional cabin for 2 of the 4 guests in an Haven cabin

Tinyburst

I have booked a 2 bedroom Haven cabin. I added my cousin and his wife to the reservation. I am know concerned that the second bedroom will be to small for them. Has anyone got experience of booking a second cabin (non Haven) for passengers already in a cabin? My hope is to give them a cabin with a regular bed, but still use the Haven perks.

The system will not allow someone to be booked it 2 places. Some people (especially travel agents) may get it done early in the timeframe but the system will eventually catch it. You'll then have to choose which one to keep. Back in the days, more people were able to get away with it but things have gotten stricter. 

You didn't mention which ship but generally, the 2nd bedroom in a Haven suite is fine especially if only paying for guests 3&4. If all 4 are dividing the cost equally, it isn't fair at all.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

21 minutes ago, Tinyburst said:

I have booked a 2 bedroom Haven cabin. I added my cousin and his wife to the reservation. I am know concerned that the second bedroom will be to small for them. Has anyone got experience of booking a second cabin (non Haven) for passengers already in a cabin? My hope is to give them a cabin with a regular bed, but still use the Haven perks.

You have several options.

1. you can just go with what you have.

2. you can cancel your two bedroom and book two haven one bedroom cabins.

3. you can cancel your haven and book two cabins outside the haven.

Your idea won't work.

Edited by RocketMan275

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The system will not allow someone to be booked it 2 places. Some people (especially travel agents) may get it done early in the timeframe but the system will eventually catch it. You'll then have to choose which one to keep. Back in the days, more people were able to get away with it but things have gotten stricter. 

You didn't mention which ship but generally, the 2nd bedroom in a Haven suite is fine especially if only paying for guests 3&4. If all 4 are dividing the cost equally, it isn't fair at all.  

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You have several options.

1. you can just go with what you have.

2. you can cancel your two bedroom and book two haven one bedroom cabins.

3. you can cancel your haven and book two cabins outside the haven.

Your idea won't work.

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. 
My cousin and his wife are absolutely our guests, they are only paying for excursions. 

1 minute ago, Tinyburst said:

My cousin and his wife are absolutely our guests, they are only paying for excursions. 

We paid for my son and his wife in March 2022.  We booked a Owners Suite and an adjacent Penthouse for them, our treat.  Having the extra space, a true bed, and a real bathroom for them was worth it.  

Have you priced out two penthouse suites?

1 hour ago, Tinyburst said:

I inquired about doing this last year for the cruise we just took in March.   There was no way to do it and I did put a good amount of effort into trying.   

As others mentioned, you did not mention what ship you will be on.   We were in a 2 bedroom on the Epic and found the 2nd bedroom and bathroom to be very small.   I also did not think there was a decent amount of living space in the main area.   

However, since you are treating your cousin and his wife, a small bedroom and bathroom that comes with Haven perks is much better than staying at home!

They will still have access to the living room and balcony, so they don't have to spend much time in the tiny 2nd bedroom. 

If you want to be generous, you could offer them some time alone in the suite to use the fancy bigger bathroom for a luxurious bath or shower! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tinyburst said:

I'm sure they will appreciate and put up with what they have been given - they will have their own room to sleep in and own bathroom, at no cost to them. They will find that the rest of the haven family villa, access to Haven, bar, restaurant, and perks will greatly outweigh being put into a small guest room. 

If it were us and we invite our son and his g/f we would stick them in there and make them pay 1/3 of the cabin cost 😉😁😄

Don't fret! Are they also paying for your excursions? 😉

P.S. @JustAllie beat me to it, and she is correct!

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tinyburst said:

Thank you all, I over think things! I watched the Harr Travel review of the cabin and when he said the second bedroom is not suitable for adults, I started to worry.

I am sure all will be well.

Saw that the cabin is for 6 people, so if the 2nd bedroom bed isn't suitable for 2 adults, the 2nd adult can sleep in the sofa bed in the living room.

4 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

There is a drop-down bunk bed in the 2nd bedroom, but not every adult is interested in climbing up into a bunk bed. You can Google photos of the 2nd bedroom. I found this for the Encore:

1358434598_escapesecondbedroom.jpg.87f27

Then the 6th person gets to sleep on sofa bed in the living room?

We have done this a few  times on various ships.

Second room is compact but has the Essentials toilet, basin, shower and a bed.

Storage is limited.

Some ships the bed needs a good topper(or two).

We have left the bed made up day time and hang out elsewhere(handy if you like naps). 

if the 2nd room bed is too small for the two of them, there is the sofa but that impacts the use of the shared space. 

One trick is to be flexible about the use of the master bed facilities.

Share some of the big closet(transfer the bits needed for the next day) and allow use of the better shower and bath if wanted.

Store cases under the big bed.  

The living room space has been adequate but not spacious for 4, there is the Haven just outside the door make use of that.

9 hours ago, insidecabin said:

We have done this a few  times on various ships.

Second room is compact but has the Essentials toilet, basin, shower and a bed.

Storage is limited.

Some ships the bed needs a good topper(or two).

We have left the bed made up day time and hang out elsewhere(handy if you like naps). 

if the 2nd room bed is too small for the two of them, there is the sofa but that impacts the use of the shared space. 

One trick is to be flexible about the use of the master bed facilities.

Share some of the big closet(transfer the bits needed for the next day) and allow use of the better shower and bath if wanted.

Store cases under the big bed.  

The living room space has been adequate but not spacious for 4, there is the Haven just outside the door make use of that.

Thank you, I like the idea of sharing closet space. I am sure we will be fine.