Cruise arrival in Reykjavik question

SailorPaulH

While I am aware that a Port Arrival time is not guaranteed, I was hoping to get some clarification as to what Port Arrival time means in Viking Ocean's world. 

Specifically, a future cruise of mine has a (cruise document indicated) Port Arrival time of 8:00 AM in Reykjavik (for an overnight and next day disembark). Previous port would be Isafjordur.  Is that 8:00 AM time when passengers can exit the ship or is it the time they are throwing the ropes over the side to pull in?

I am trying to determine if an 8:30 AM pick up at the Reykjavik Cruise terminal for a semi-private (non-VOC) tour is feasible!?  Any insight from previous Reykjavik cruise arrival veterans is appreciated.

Often your tour guide will have insight on this based on their experience with cruise pickups. You can let them know what your invoice says and they can propose a time for pickup. Regardless, docking may change based on conditions, so it’s still only a best estimate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SailorPaulH said:

While I am aware that a Port Arrival time is not guaranteed, I was hoping to get some clarification as to what Port Arrival time means in Viking Ocean's world. 

Specifically, a future cruise of mine has a (cruise document indicated) Port Arrival time of 8:00 AM in Reykjavik (for an overnight and next day disembark). Previous port would be Isafjordur.  Is that 8:00 AM time when passengers can exit the ship or is it the time they are throwing the ropes over the side to pull in?

I am trying to determine if an 8:30 AM pick up at the Reykjavik Cruise terminal for a semi-private (non-VOC) tour is feasible!?  Any insight from previous Reykjavik cruise arrival veterans is appreciated.

We got off Saturn yesterday and got our private tour at 8:30 am.  Ship arrived at. 5 am.  First people left on 6:00 bus to airport.  We got off at 8 and breezed though immigration.

• Like 1

In the 5 Viking cruises that i have been on, the listed port arrival time has been the time when the ship is docked, tied up and the gangway ready for disembarkation in most instances.  At times I woke up an hour before arrival time hoping to watch sail in and the ship was already docked.    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

What are the start times for the Viking tours? This should give you an idea if 8:30am is a feasible pickup time. 

Good idea. The cruise is too far way to know that yet, but I looked at my cancelled cruise documents from 2021 and Viking did schedule their excursions at 8:30 am.

• Like 2