Final bill

Notebook64

4 minutes ago, Notebook64 said:

Hi all

does P and O send out a final bill via email or post on return?

went to log into myP&O and account deleted. 
thanks

Final bill is put in the docket outside your cabin early morning on departure day.

I always take a screenshot of my bill from the app before we leave the ship.

• Like 1

Further to the above, if you need to query the statement, do so before you leave the ship; there has been anecdotal evidence from others on this forum of it being a 'mare to do so at a later date.

3 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Further to the above, if you need to query the statement, do so before you leave the ship; there has been anecdotal evidence from others on this forum of it being a 'mare to do so at a later date.

I have always found the statement to be correct, but P&O have a habit of adding small sums after the cruise that people know nothing about. This has been discussed previously on this forum. It is usually a ‘mini bar’ item that the steward has reported as missing when servicing the cabin for the next guest. As we never use the mini bar and ask for the contents to be removed, we have phoned and queried it and it’s been refunded, but I suspect that a lot of people don’t and it adds up to a tidy sum. Hopefully this dodgy practice has ceased, but when it was last discussed quite a few of us had experienced this. 

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I have always found the statement to be correct, but P&O have a habit of adding small sums after the cruise that people know nothing about. This has been discussed previously on this forum. It is usually a ‘mini bar’ item that the steward has reported as missing when servicing the cabin for the next guest. As we never use the mini bar and ask for the contents to be removed, we have phoned and queried it and it’s been refunded, but I suspect that a lot of people don’t and it adds up to a tidy sum. Hopefully this dodgy practice has ceased, but when it was last discussed quite a few of us had experienced this. 

On Britannia a few weeks ago we didn't even have the 2 complimentary cans of spring water in our cabin.

Our cabin steward said P&O have stopped this now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Only suites (I think) have a mini bar, so not a problem.

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Likewise, we never had an incorrect bill; I always monitor it as we go along.

The last time we had a mini-bar was on Britannia in 2018; I removed all items at the start and told our cabin steward.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On Britannia a few weeks ago we didn't even have the 2 complimentary cans of spring water in our cabin.

Our cabin steward said P&O have stopped this now.

Same for us on the last two cruises, Arvia and Iona. I didn't ask the cabin steward as a thought it was due to more Carnival cut backs. Not a great loss really.

29 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Same for us on the last two cruises, Arvia and Iona. I didn't ask the cabin steward as a thought it was due to more Carnival cut backs. Not a great loss really.

It is if you get to the cabin to take your medication on embarkation day and you need water to take your medication with.

On Royal Caribbean I get 

A bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and 2 glasses.

6 bottles of water.

2 bottles of soft drinks.

1 bottle of Corona.

A plate of cookies or chocolate strawberries 

waiting in our cabin on embarkation.

On Princess we have a Mini bar set up plus bottled water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

It is if you get to the cabin to take your medication on embarkation day and you need water to take your medication with.

I would think that most folk who need to take medication would have a bottle of water with them when embarking. Further to that, when you get on the ship there is always a bar nearby, where you can get a glass of water. On the bigger ships there are also water fountains on all public decks.

So, plenty of opportunity to have water for your meds before you actually get to your cabin.  Additionally, the water in the bathroom is perfectly drinkable.

So, for us at least, and probably a lot of folk, not a great loss.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On Royal Caribbean I get 

A bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and 2 glasses.

6 bottles of water.

2 bottles of soft drinks.

1 bottle of Corona.

A plate of cookies or chocolate strawberries 

waiting in our cabin on embarkation.

On Princess we have a Mini bar set up plus bottled water.

You lost me there was no facilities onboard to take your medication, than you give us a breakdown on the perks your getting on other lines, but fail to mention if the various cruises are like for like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I would think that most folk who need to take medication would have a bottle of water with them when embarking. Further to that, when you get on the ship there is always a bar nearby, where you can get a glass of water. On the bigger ships there are also water fountains on all public decks.

So, plenty of opportunity to have water for your meds before you actually get to your cabin.  Additionally, the water in the bathroom is perfectly drinkable.

So, for us at least, and probably a lot of folk, not a great loss.

After 65 cruises I'm quite aware of cruise ships thank you.

My ironic comment was really this cut back is another by P&O.

I usually use the spring water to make a decent cup of tea in our cabin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

You lost me there was no facilities onboard to take your medication, than you give us a breakdown on the perks your getting on other lines, but fail to mention if the various cruises are like for like.

After 170 nights cruising on P&O it seems a bit mean to only have complimentary slippers in the cabin.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

you need water to take your medication with.

What's wrong with the tap water? 

On my last cruise I used it twice a day to take medication, I didn't notice any unpleasant taste and P&O say it's safe to drink.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

P&O have a habit of adding small sums after the cruise that people know nothing about.

Happened to me twice after I had got home and a separate charge was sent to my credit card company. I 'disputed' the charge with my company who sent a query to P&O on my behalf. P&O never replied to them (nothing new there!) and the charge was written off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

After 65 cruises I'm quite aware of cruise ships thank you.

My ironic comment was really this cut back is another by P&O.

I usually use the spring water to make a decent cup of tea in our cabin.

Surely all water tastes the same after it has been boiled, unless contaminated, which I would hope does not apply to cruise ships.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Surely all water tastes the same after it has been boiled, unless contaminated, which I would hope does not apply to cruise ships.

You obviously never tasted the water in Birmingham, nothing at all like the clean fresh tasting water in the Black Country 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, weskiers said:

You normally get an account on the last morning VERY EARLY so it's in your 'poet'sbox when you get up.

When we were on Arvia in May we didn't get a final bill in our 'postbox' on the last morning, so I went to reception and asked for one.

3 hours ago, Bazrat said:

You obviously never tasted the water in Birmingham, nothing at all like the clean fresh tasting water in the Black Country 

Is that from the famous 'Dudley Spring' from the rolling hills of Smethwick😂😂😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

After 170 nights cruising on P&O it seems a bit mean to only have complimentary slippers in the cabin.

170 nights was that continuous after COVID lockdown, if most before than not really relevant in today's cruising 

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Is that from the famous 'Dudley Spring' from the rolling hills of Smethwick😂😂😂

Alas my fiend sorry ment friend Smethwick is now just a suburb of Brum, and they are lowlanders we look down on them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

170 nights was that continuous after COVID lockdown, if most before than not really relevant in today's cruising 

After Lockdown.

August 2021 Britannia.

September 2021 Iona.

March 2022 Iona.

April 2022 Britannia.

May 2022 RCL Anthem.

September 2022 RCL Anthem 

October 2022 Ventura.

November 2022 Azura.

January 2023 RCL Oasis .

April 2023 MSC Virtuosa

June 2023; Britannia.