When can you book speciality dining

ImperialLady

Morning all! We are sailing on the Majestic on  9/9/2023 after a 3 day land portion. Has anyone been able to book speciality restaurants for this cruise or any cruises close to this date. Every time I check on the app it states to check back closer to my journey date. If you have been able to book TheCatch please tell me how you did it!  TIA!

I *never* try to book dining of ANY type on the app...I always use the web version on a desktop.  In my opinion...it is much easier to see what you're doing and to see much more of the week's schedule.  Plus, I can do screenshots (to hardcopy) of whatever I've paid for.  I don't know if it will solve your particular issue...it's always possible that the cruise data is screwed up by our friends in Princess IT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

Morning all! We are sailing on the Majestic on  9/9/2023 after a 3 day land portion. Has anyone been able to book speciality restaurants for this cruise or any cruises close to this date. Every time I check on the app it states to check back closer to my journey date. If you have been able to book TheCatch please tell me how you did it!  TIA!

@ImperialLady If you are trying to book by clicking on “explore dining options” that does not work until you are on board. Instead choose “view or book individual reservations” choose the day you want then add reservation and follow the prompts.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *never* try to book dining of ANY type on the app...I always use the web version on a desktop.  In my opinion...it is much easier to see what you're doing and to see much more of the week's schedule.  Plus, I can do screenshots (to hardcopy) of whatever I've paid for.  I don't know if it will solve your particular issue...it's always possible that the cruise data is screwed up by our friends in Princess IT.

thank I will try that.

Edited by ImperialLady

12 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@ImperialLady If you are trying to book by clicking on “explore dining options” that does not work until you are on board. Instead choose “view or book individual reservations” choose the day you want then add reservation and follow the prompts.

thanks...this worked EXCEPT that I couldn't make reservations for Catch by Rudi..I could for Harmony and/or Crown Grill...by not Catch. So I messaged\my Princess vacation planner...she checked and then sent me this message.....

⬇️
The Catch is not booked in advance at this time. You’ll need to check once you board. They’ll have restaurant sign right near where you board. So I guess we will have to wait.

20 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

thanks...this worked EXCEPT that I couldn't make reservations for Catch by Rudi..I could for Harmony and/or Crown Grill...by not Catch. So I messaged\my Princess vacation planner...she checked and then sent me this message.....

⬇️
The Catch is not booked in advance at this time. You’ll need to check once you board. They’ll have restaurant sign right near where you board. So I guess we will have to wait.

You can also just call the dine line from your room to book it.  Line busy…go to the restaurant and book when you board.

Eventually, they may get it on the App. who knows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImperialLady said:

Hmmm...We were able to pre-book The Catch for our recent Iceland/Norway sailing in May.  IDK why it's not letting you.

• Like 1

Shortly after I read an announcement in May that The Catch by Rudi was available on the Majestic, I tried making a reservation for my July cruise on the Dine My Way app, but The Catch wasn’t available to select. I called Princess and they made the reservation for me. The reservation now shows in the DMW app.

• Like 1