Rotterdam to Amsterdam

eng58

Hi,

Looking for any tips, advice on getting into Amsterdam for the day from the Rotterdam Cruise Port.  We are in port till 9:00 pm .

Is the train easy to manage, or taxi's

Any advice will be helpful.

Lori

1 hour ago, eng58 said:

Looking for any tips, advice on getting into Amsterdam for the day from the Rotterdam Cruise Port.  We are in port till 9:00 pm .

Is the train easy to manage, or taxi's

I took the Thalys high speed train one way and then I Ubered back-- both were very easy and would recommend. The train was very cost effective-- something like 30 Euro. The Uber was more around 130 Euro but there were a few of us and it was done to save the step of going back to the train station. 

24 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I took the Thalys high speed train one way and then I Ubered back-- both were very easy and would recommend. The train was very cost effective-- something like 30 Euro. The Uber was more around 130 Euro but there were a few of us and it was done to save the step of going back to the train station. 

When going from the cruiseport - how long did you have in Amsterdam?  Our time is 11-8 - wondering now if it was the right choice.

The Intercity Direct trains between Rotterdam Centraal and Amsterdam Centraal run up to four times an hour and take about 40 minutes. There are frequent metro trains to take you from near the cruise terminal to Rotterdam Centraal. If you allow 3 hours’ travel time in total you can work out whether you’ll have enough time to see what you want to see in Amsterdam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1