Amber Cove number of ships in port

DanWin

I checked one of the websites that tells you how many ships will be in port on the same day as your ship. I looked at our date for the Magic and it shows four ships that day!  Two Carnival and two Norwegian. I thought that this was a Carnival corporation port. Has anyone experienced four ships in this port at the same time?

Carnival corporation ships like Carnival, Princess and Holland dock at Amber Cove

All other cruise lines like MSC, Norwegian, Virgin, Royal dock a few miles down the road at Taino Bay

What makes everything very very confusing is these unofficial ships in port websites like cruisemapper, cruisetimettables, etc, etc call this port Puerto Plata so you see all cruise line ships in port.

amber cove does has an official port website that only show the carnival ships in port: https://ambercove.com/ 

Edited by shof515

34 minutes ago, DanWin said:

I checked one of the websites that tells you how many ships will be in port on the same day as your ship. I looked at our date for the Magic and it shows four ships that day!  Two Carnival and two Norwegian. I thought that this was a Carnival corporation port. Has anyone experienced four ships in this port at the same time?

Only Carnival Corporation ships dock in Amber Cove and the rest of the cruise lines dock at the nearby Taino Bay, which can dock 2 ships. Unfortunately, the schedule websites show it as one. Below on the map Amber Cove is on the right and Taino Bay is on the left

image.png.7a5b0316b1061a90dc3787b2f270e78e.png

Edited by CarnivalShips480