Is LFK closed again?

Gladys Kravitz

Went there in 2017 and loved it. All the animals, great service and prices. Then went in 2021 and there was very few animals of any and everything seemed dirty and run down. Maybe bc of Covid. We wanted to see sloths and in order to do so we had to leave LFK and take a taxi to Big French Key so I go to the website and see that they now have sloths but it appears LFK is shut down until further notice…and of course I see no e mail or anything. Does anyone know about the status of Little French Key?

18 hours ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

Went there in 2017 and loved it. All the animals, great service and prices. Then went in 2021 and there was very few animals of any and everything seemed dirty and run down. Maybe bc of Covid. We wanted to see sloths and in order to do so we had to leave LFK and take a taxi to Big French Key so I go to the website and see that they now have sloths but it appears LFK is shut down until further notice…and of course I see no e mail or anything. Does anyone know about the status of Little French Key?

Not really understanding your post, where you went or  where you want to go?

How did you get a taxi to Big French Key? Do you mean you did a ship excursion last time and now you think LFK has sloths and you want to return there?

As @Guest 2000 pointed out there has ALWAYS been drama associated with LFK and it is up to each individual to make a decision whether to visit depending on what they are comfortable with but I see several recent reviews so I am not sure when, or why, you think it has closed again.

@Gladys KravitzGladys, please go to the LFK website listed above it is the official one.  And read the review and comments linked in that post also.  Larissa is a lovely person and is very easy to work with.  Although our cruise ship was unable to dock in April, for which we were very disappointed, she answered all of my pre booking questions promptly and honestly.  They do not have sloths at LFK (or at least they did not in April)  they take you to a sloth park for that portion of the day if you book the pkg with the sloths.  When we had to pass by Roatan, I called Larissa on Whatsapp just to make sure she knew that we were not docking and she couldn't have been kinder.  Hope you make it and have a great time.  We plan on going when we get back to Roatan.