Celebrity Move Up Bid Criteria

29 minutes ago, waggie said:

Am I the only person appalled by this arrogant bragging? What it says to me is "aren't we clever managing to screw money out of our guests?"

Appalled? Not at all. The quote is marketing for Plusgrade, not for Celebrity. Also, no one is forcing anyone to bid on upgrades.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, waggie said:

Am I the only person appalled by this arrogant bragging? What it says to me is "aren't we clever managing to screw money out of our guests?" I have recently made bids for a higher level verandah and these are still pending despite the website showing there aren't any available. I will stick to my old policy of being happy with what I chose originally.

I do not see it in the same way, but it is perfectly OK for customers not to participate.

Seems like a fair system where most people get to decide if they wish to participate.  A win/win IMO.  

I never liked the idea of Celebrity lower the prices during the last month and not allowing everyone to reduce their price.  

Most  likely the process solicits bids on unavailable categories for late cancellations or if someone moves up creating an opening.

Great change being adopted by an increasing number of cruise lines.

Edited by jagoffee

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Appalled? Not at all. The quote is marketing for Plusgrade, not for Celebrity. Also, no one is forcing anyone to bid on upgrades.

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I do not see it in the same way, but it is perfectly OK for customers not to participate.

Seems like a fair system where most people get to decide if they wish to participate.  A win/win IMO.  

I never liked the idea of Celebrity lower the prices during the last month and not allowing everyone to reduce their price.  

By the way most likely the process solicits bids on unavailable categories is for last minute cancellation and if someone moves up creating an opening.

Great change being adopted by an increasing number of cruise lines.

I agree with both you and RichYak in that no-one is forced to join in and for many it is a win/win- it is the tone of the message that was my issue. The cruise in question is in 13 days time, and I will be staying with what I chose. I suspect there will be more posts - at least no-one will say I am nickel and diming! 

11 minutes ago, waggie said:

it is the tone of the message that was my issue.

The message was written in a tone that would allow the quote to be used by Plusgrade in its marketing docs. It's not personal, it's just business.

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

The message was written in a tone that would allow the quote to be used by Plusgrade in its marketing docs. It's not personal, it's just business.

I will strike it off my list of personal!  Thanks for your reply -