Deluxe Inside on E-class

Swampbabe

Looking for information on this type of cabin. I’ve tried using the cabin thread but it’s way too clunky to use, at least for me. Considering booking this type of cabin on the Ascent for next spring. We usually get balconies (had a sunset veranda on Apex) but we found that we enjoyed the ship so much that we really didn’t use it very much.

43 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

Looking for information on this type of cabin. I’ve tried using the cabin thread but it’s way too clunky to use, at least for me. Considering booking this type of cabin on the Ascent for next spring. We usually get balconies (had a sunset veranda on Apex) but we found that we enjoyed the ship so much that we really didn’t use it very much.

Is there a reason you aren't considering an Oceanview? The price differential from the top inside to an oceanview is quite inconsequential. Having a window with natural light would mitigate effects of downgrading from a veranda. 

Edited by kwokpot

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Is there a reason you aren't considering an Oceanview? The price differential from the top inside to an oceanview is quite inconsequential. Having a window with natural light would mitigate effects of downgrading from a veranda. 

All of the ocean views are on deck three. That’s is a nonstarter. Too noisy

11 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

All of the ocean views are on deck three. That’s is a nonstarter. Too noisy

Fair enough. What kind of information are you looking for? I assume you've seem youtube videos of the room, so you know what to expect. It's basically the IV cabin without the Veranda portion. 

Edited by kwokpot

41 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Fair enough. What kind of information are you looking for? I assume you've seem youtube videos of the room, so you know what to expect. It's basically the IV cabin without the Veranda portion. 

Just curious if the deluxe is appreciably better than the regular. It’s only 7days so I’m pretty sure we’ll manage.

20 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

Just curious if the deluxe is appreciably better than the regular. It’s only 7days so I’m pretty sure we’ll manage.

My parents sailed with us on the Apex a couple of years ago in a standard Inside and it was much smaller than our IV cabin even accounting for the Veranda portion. The room is more squared shaped than rectangular. Stay with the deluxe inside. 

Edited by kwokpot

Just now, kwokpot said:

My parents sailed with us on the Apex a couple of years ago in a standard Inside and it's much smaller than our IV cabin even without accounting for the Veranda portion. The room is more squared shaped than rectangular. Stay with the deluxe inside. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Swampbabe said:

Thanks!

No problem. Oh also the standard Inside has less storage. It doesn't have that curved display case/cabinet with shelves, so less places to put things. Also the bathroom is smaller. 

2 hours ago, Swampbabe said:

They are fabulous. I had one on the Edge deck 12 last year midship 2 cabins from the stairs and this past May on Apex a 15 night TA again midship on deck 10. The deluxe cabins and bathromms are big and well laid out with tons of storage space. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Sailed 21 nights in that cabin last August - plenty of room, nice bathroom, slept like a baby in the comfortable beds.  Enjoyed so much we are sailing 32 days Sydney- Vancouver in 2025 in the same cabin.  

Total darkness equals a great night's sleep. I did a cabin crawl on the Apex in a deluxe inside and those who saw it were amazed at the size and space.