Select Dining Options

tserface

For our upcoming cruise we got switched from Select Anytime Dining to Select Early Dining at 6pm.  They just sent us emails for each reservation we’d set up saying they were canceled.  This is OK for us most days, but there are a couple of days where our excursions don’t return until after that time.  Since it’s still ‘Select’ could we still go anytime and just wait for available seating on those days?  It’s confusing since they seem to be calling everything ‘Select’.  If it isn’t OK to go at a different time we could just do buffet those nights, but we’d rather go to the MDR is possible.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

23 minutes ago, tserface said:

For our upcoming cruise we got switched from Select Anytime Dining to Select Early Dining at 6pm.  They just sent us emails for each reservation we’d set up saying they were canceled.  This is OK for us most days, but there are a couple of days where our excursions don’t return until after that time.  Since it’s still ‘Select’ could we still go anytime and just wait for available seating on those days?  It’s confusing since they seem to be calling everything ‘Select’.  If it isn’t OK to go at a different time we could just do buffet those nights, but we’d rather go to the MDR is possible.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

What ship are you on? If you aren't on an E-Class ship then no, you have assigned Early set Dining and can't just go to anytime whenever you want. You would have to go to the buffe ton the evening you want have dinner later. 

24 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What ship are you on? If you aren't on an E-Class ship then no, you have assigned Early set Dining and can't just go to anytime whenever you want. You would have to go to the buffe ton the evening you want have dinner later. 

We're on Apex.

6 minutes ago, tserface said:

We're on Apex.

I wouldn't worry about it as there are 4 MDR's to select from.

Since you prefer to have dinner in a dining room rather than the buffet, just go to any one you choose and I'm sure you will be accommodated.

I assume people make reservations for a specific dining room at a specific time then change their mind. 

You might be given a beeper and have to wait a few minutes.

( For us it's more enjoyable to be served in a dining room then having dinner in the OVC ). 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

but it doesn't hurt to ask for one night.  Every cruise I have been on lately every night is revolving folks coming and going and changing.   If you ask nicely you will most of the time get want you want even if a short wait time.

If it is a shore excursion that others are on and they too have early dining, then the maître will be aware and ready perhaps to accommodate folks.  Besides, ya gotta visit the buffet once to at least make yourself a nice salad.

• Like 1

Not sure why Celebrity can't get this straight on their site.  I had "early" originally, but read that this isn't true.  So I got all anxious because customer service would say, Oh yes you have early at 6 pm.  Didn't believe em.  We actually got the card that said what dining room we were assigned, but it only suggested a good time to show up.

It worked out fine, we kept going back there about the same time and got the same table except once.  

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

We’re on Silhouette in August and have 6pm dining, do we just rock up then or do we still need to make a reservation on the App? sorry if this is a silly question, first time X cruisers 

You should just show up  to the main dining room around 6 pm and you will be accommodated.  No reservations needed unless you are thinking of dining one evening at a Specialty Restaurant. You will need one there.

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

We’re on Silhouette in August and have 6pm dining, do we just rock up then or do we still need to make a reservation on the App? sorry if this is a silly question, first time X cruisers 

I assume you have booked "fixed/traditional" dining in which case you will have a table pre allocated and you can just turn up