Tips to be one of the first one on the ship for Embarkation

lovetoreview

Hello Disney Cruisers, I am wondering if there are any special tips and tricks to being one of the first ones to be able to get on the ship before it sets sail. I know we were given the date where we can "check-in" and you reserve your time slot then, so I plan to go on right when its available that day. We do not have concierge. I saw something on a private Instagram page today that said if you book a Disney resort or transfer from the airport you can be one of the first but wasn't sure if that was true and about how early we can hope for if we do not do that. 

2 hours ago, lovetoreview said:

Hello Disney Cruisers, I am wondering if there are any special tips and tricks to being one of the first ones to be able to get on the ship before it sets sail. I know we were given the date where we can "check-in" and you reserve your time slot then, so I plan to go on right when its available that day. We do not have concierge. I saw something on a private Instagram page today that said if you book a Disney resort or transfer from the airport you can be one of the first but wasn't sure if that was true and about how early we can hope for if we do not do that. 

If you book transportation from WDW resort (and I believe also from MCO Hyatt) you will be in the earlier boarders.  Not necessarily the "first".  

In reality, if you plan on arriving at the port somewhere around 12:30-1:00 you'll get on board pretty quickly.  Earlier than that, you're going to be waiting in lines for check in, and boarding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are no “special tips or tricks” because being first on board is not a “thing” in a passenger’s control.

Times are assigned to keep the embarkation process orderly.  There is no “rope drop” like in the parks, if that is what you are imagining?

Now…being first to the “soft serve” machine is something I DO a know a thing or two about!  🤣🤣🤣

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN
  • Like 2

I logged on at midnight on the day I was able to do the final check in and got 11-11:15 time, group 2. I’m hoping to get a Palo brunch reservation so wanted to be among the first on the ship.

my advice is to log on as soon as the window opens and make sure you have all the info for all passengers including the head shots and passport photos readily available. Say you are driving to the port as this will save you some time, you can go back and edit things later if necessary. 
Good luck!

On 6/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, lovetoreview said:

The only reliable way to be one of the first to board is to go concierge.  After that, as mentioned before, booking DCL transportation to the port would be next best.

• 2 weeks later...

On our first Disney cruise was picked up at the resort at 8 am I didn’t realize that we were going to stop at many resorts. Some passengers were late so we waited for them. We got to the port at 2:15 was on the boat at 2:50 went to get lunch and found out it was closing at 3  to set up for dinner. This time we are leaving from MOC and hopefully we will be on the ship by 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are Gold level on DCL - so we were able to check in slightly earlier than Silver or new cruisers. I logged on at midnight on our checkin day and got an 11:30 AM PAT and Boarding Group 6. Extended family is Silver and when the checked in a couple of days later they got 11:45 AM and BG 9. 

We all arrived at the port (Miami) at 11:10 and dropped our bags. As we were walking to the entrance we saw they were making those with PAT of 11:30, 11:45 and 12:00 wait to the side. As we walked up (around 11:20) to join that group they let us go ahead and go through. The guy at the door said it's dependent on how many arrive at once and if they are backed up inside.

Lines for security were non-existant and we waited a minimal amount of time to complete our check in. The waiting area for the Boarding Groups was packed but right after we found a seat they called our group. We went ahead to get in line for photos and by the time we were up to the photographer the rest of our party's group was called. It all went very quickly. The walk to board was forever but that's an issue with Miami specifically...

This was in line with our experience at Port Canaveral through the years.

Resort transfers will not guarantee you an earlier time - only that you are not constrained by your PAT as you can't control when you arrive. If you want to get on earlier, hope/try for an early PAT and BG and book private transportation.