Sydney and Eden Questions

alwalaska

Sydney

I like to watch all of the sites as the ship starts its journey.  We are leaving Sydney from White Bay.  How long should we plan on staying outside before heading inside for dinner and show and all? We don't leave until 6pm in Feb if that matters. We'll have taken the ferry one or more times during our pre-cruise stay, but I love going under bridges when on a big ship, plus things look different from a cruise ship.

Eden

Where does the ship dock in Eden?  Is it by the information center off Weecoon St?

Also, if we are headed to Tasmania after Eden, should we be able to see Boyd's Tower on the way?  I like trying to find interesting things as we sail by. If yes, any idea how long after sail away it will take to get that far?

My 2025 trip just became a Feb 2024 trip and I'm an obsessive planner, so I thank everyone ahead of time for their help (in case I forget later) and also for your patience through my many questions.

47 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Sydney

I like to watch all of the sites as the ship starts its journey.  We are leaving Sydney from White Bay.  How long should we plan on staying outside before heading inside for dinner and show and all? We don't leave until 6pm in Feb if that matters. We'll have taken the ferry one or more times during our pre-cruise stay, but I love going under bridges when on a big ship, plus things look different from a cruise ship.

Eden

Where does the ship dock in Eden?  Is it by the information center off Weecoon St?

Also, if we are headed to Tasmania after Eden, should we be able to see Boyd's Tower on the way?  I like trying to find interesting things as we sail by. If yes, any idea how long after sail away it will take to get that far?

My 2025 trip just became a Feb 2024 trip and I'm an obsessive planner, so I thank everyone ahead of time for their help (in case I forget later) and also for your patience through my many questions.

Sydney

You will go under the Harbour Bridge when sailing from White Bay which is quite an experience. If you have set time dinign, I would request the later time slot. If anytime dining, it doesn't matter what time you go in. As it will be daylight saving, dusk is at around 8.30pm. We love sailing through the harbour and we will usually stay on deck until we are through the heads into the ocean. I would say allow a good hour on deck. 

Eden

If you dock in Eden may be a better question as it will depend on what ship you are on. Some cruises have been had their visit to Eden cancelled due to ongoing work at the port and some are tendering. But if your ship is docking, the pier is at the end of Weecoon Street. You will see the cruise ship terminal is just before the entry to the pier.

As you are heading south, I would think you would see Boyd's Tower quite easily. I have no idea how long it would take to get to the position you would see it after sailaway. Just stay on deck on the starboard side until you pass it.

Edited by possum52

@possum52 Thank you so much.  That was exactly the info I was looking for.  The NSW port website has us docking in Eden, but thank you for the warning that it might change.  It is always better to be forewarned since I typically do my own thing or private tours vs ship tours.  We are on the NCL Spirit and she is pretty small, but if they are working on the port, I don't know if that matters.

I am so excited for this trip.  I appreciate all of the time you spend out on these forums helping people like me.