Upgrade offer

bstrong3

So we got the email for an upgrade offer to bid on and we are thinking of going for the Haven upgrade. We have already upgraded our free at sea to the free at sea plus (unlimited wifi, premium drink package,3 specialty dining). Will that follow us to the Haven? Also I heard that free at sea plus is included with the Haven and if that's the case would they refund me my purchase of the free at sea upgrade? Our cruise isn't until Oct. so I think we have time. Thanks in advance for your advise.

Free at sea plus is NOT included with the Haven. 

You can cancel and refund any offer up to 48 hours to departure. 

On a big ship, there are over 1000 staterooms that could bid on Haven rooms. And there will likely be 10 or less available for upgrade. So, the possibility of you getting one is very very very small. Haven upgrades are usually processed on the Monday or a Tuesday before a weekend departure all the way up to the time the ship leaves the dock (assuming that there may be a very last minute COVID cancellation). If you want a Haven cabin, pay retail for it. Willing a bid is lowest probability. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never won an upgrade (I am a volunteer), but if you keep the same reservation number, your applicable packages should transfer to your new cabin. If you get a new booking number, I imagine they'll refund the first, and you simply apply it to the second. Not sure which method they use. Anyone who has actually won an upgrade they bid on can clarify and/or correct me if I'm wrong.

38 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Never won an upgrade (I am a volunteer), but if you keep the same reservation number, your applicable packages should transfer to your new cabin. If you get a new booking number, I imagine they'll refund the first, and you simply apply it to the second. Not sure which method they use. Anyone who has actually won an upgrade they bid on can clarify and/or correct me if I'm wrong.

You do not get a new booking number.  It is an upgrade, not cancellation and rebook.  The packages you paid for go with you.  You don't get any new packages that are available, but you do get all the perks of the haven (butler, restaurant, pool etc.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, philbird said:

Thx for the link. Nothing yet.

If you don't get an opportunity to bid by using the link then in all probability your reservation is not eligible.  Did you book through a big box TA?