Carnival Conquest…electric scooter and excursions

XenasMom

I’m taking my mom on a cruise July 10 to HMC and Nassau and she will have an electric scooter. She really wants to do an excursion in Nassau but I’ve never been there. Can anyone recommend an excursion that is accessible or if you can leave a scooter at a location to get on a boat or bus? I’m new to this and will appreciate any tips on either location! Thanks

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic

Most excursions on all cruise lines are not very "accessible". You say your mother will have an electric scooter, unless you are talking about a small folding scooter, you wont be able to bring it, and it would be unlikely that there would be a safe place to leave behind a regular mobility device. 

If your mother is somewhat mobile, I would suggest you also bring a regular folding wheelchair. With your help, she would be able to get around in Nassau, and if you want to see more of the island it can always be folded you can take a taxi (if you want to do things on your own). I don't know what cruise line excursions are available, but you would be more likely to find one that would be able to take you if she were in a regular wheelchair.

have a great trip

Went on the Conquest with my aunt and uncle last year, he's in a wheelchair and uses a scooter and the ship was wonderful for him to get around.  Not much he could do in terms of excursions though, and honestly, after the absolute cluster (took four hours and a plea to John Heald for them to find a bus with a lift, after we confirmed and reconfirmed multiple times ahead of the trip that there would be a vehicle with a wheelchair life) of an experience using Carnivals' transport to get to the ship, I'm not sure I'd ever trust something to be handicapped accessible even when they say it will be.