Bring it On

Cruise-y

I’m a Crystal fan but still on the fence about NC. I do lots of land vacays, usually historical or cultural or culinary in nature - but if I choose a cruise, it’s Crystal. I’ve done enough of the other lines to know - and I don’t have time to waste experimenting. I’m involved in too many other things in my life. 

With that said, I WANT to hear everyone’s opinions about why they might be hesitating and I WANT to hear comparisons to other cruises. Because I know those hesitations and comparisons are people who have also cruised Crystal. I can decide for myself what to value. 

What I don’t want is a lecture. 

Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

I’m a Crystal fan but still on the fence about NC. I do lots of land vacays, usually historical or cultural or culinary in nature - but if I choose a cruise, it’s Crystal. I’ve done enough of the other lines to know - and I don’t have time to waste experimenting. I’m involved in too many other things in my life. 

With that said, I WANT to hear everyone’s opinions about why they might be hesitating and I WANT to hear comparisons to other cruises. Because I know those hesitations and comparisons are people who have also cruised Crystal. I can decide for myself what to value. 

Thanks

Since we have lost money because of Crystal going bankrupt, I was very much hesitating about booking with the new company which has appointed the same managers. 

Now New Crystal did something, which impressed me. This was the Exceptional Initiative. Because some inefficiencies from the side of the Assignees, the amount that Crystal defaulted me is not completely showing. It shows a lower amount. But due to the Exceptional Initiative and to the fact that my cruise is leaving from Miami, I have booked a cruise without waiting for reports and despite that I am not really getting my money back.

I am a happy cruiser anyhow and if NC full fills  80% of what old Crystal was, I will remain a happy cruiser with the new company.

Ivi

• Like 8

me as well ...

I am a single and a very experienced cruiser and F&B operations are very important to me 

I do not need a daily caviar  - once a week is already  enough for me 

So in 2024 2  one week Crystal cruises and the other 3 in 2025 

Probably I will happy a lot of C staff  will come back and maybe unhappy  some 3 also will be there ???

Wait and see 

I would appreciate softer wine prices !!🤑😁  as previously

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Thanks

I had to chuckle when I read your request. Where have you been for the past 16 months? This forum has beat to death the good, bad and ugly aspects of OC and NC non-stop with no winner or loser emerging. Nearly everyone is dug into their positions on the topic and not about to change. So imho what you're asking will only lead to more confusion in your mind. My suggestion is simple. Book one short cruise on NC this fall that doesn't break the bank and see for yourself. If the cruise meets or exceeds your expectations, you can book more. If it doesn't, you'll  know to begin exploring other cruising options. 

• Like 8

Our plans for 2023 were already made before NC was launched. We have decided to wait for early feedback before hopefully booking three cruises ( including one b to b ) in 2024. We are very optimistic but no rush, as cannot book flights yet either.

• Like 4

I was hoping this thread was about the Movie.  Darn...

I don't see the reason to rush into a new cruise line.  Why not: a) use it as an opportunity to try other lines for a while; and b) see if NC can work out the wrinkles and bugs before you go aboard.

• Haha 1