Nile River Cruise Uniworld or AMA?

ddwells49

AMA just notified us that booking for 2025 is now open.  We are trying to decide between these two; pricing is very similar.  AMA has new ship Lilia and is showing Jordan extension.  I read several poor reviews of Dahlia regarding food and ship.  It was noted the cruise is run by third party Wings.

Uniworld has many favorable reviews but also some negative regarding third party operator Springs.  We are considering SS Sphinx, a newer ship.  Uniworld does not show a Jordan extension past 2023.

Itineraries seem very similar although reading descriptions AMA appears to have more content plus offers Jordan.  Our friends who we are planning to go with have only done and prefer Uniworld.  We have just one river cruise on AMA.

I am looking for feedback on how to make the choice.  Poor food and ship on AMA would be a deal breaker.  We think the Jordan extension is important though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned in May from the SS Sphinx with a group of 16,  half of which did the Jordan extension.

First class all the way and the food was fantastic.  The trip exceeded all of my expectations and Jordan was well done also.    If on the Sphinx you stay at the Four seasons and at the Ritz if on the Tosca.

I don't think you can go wrong with either line, but I was very impressed with the job that Uniworld did. Both of these lines are my favorite. but wouldn't hesitate to recommend Uniworld.

• Like 1