Mini suites - curtain

Serious Cruisers

4 minutes ago, Serious Cruisers said:

Idiots...I mean bummer lol

Thanks everyone for your quick response 

The layout of Royal class ships mini suites is a bit different.  On Ruby, the desk is placed by the side of the bed night table, so no room for a curtain.  On Royal class, the desk is on the opposite wall from the sofa, freeing up the space by the bed for a curtain.  Royal class ships have many differences, such as size.  Some people prefer the older smaller ships, some not so much.  I love Royal class.

• Like 1

ScreenShot2023-06-25at6_07_40AM.png.1d127e829c32b640d691c7fbeaabac7b.png

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

Seems like I had a curtain in my Mini on the Island 

57 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

No curtains on Island or Ruby, sorry.

Not True!! In the "new" mini suite cabins that were added on there is a curtain. Sailed in one on the Caribe deck, one of our favorite cabins.

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

ScreenShot2023-06-25at6_07_40AM.png.1d127e829c32b640d691c7fbeaabac7b.png

Not True!! In the "new" mini suite cabins that were added on there is a curtain. Sailed in one on the Caribe deck, one of our favorite cabins.

I have D227 on ruby I was going to ask princess but prob my cat would know more!!  And ruby is going to dry dock before we board

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you for correcting me, I had no idea things were changed.  You learn something new everyday on CC.  My apologies for posting before I did some research!

It's only in the newer cabins that were added toward the back of the ship.  The rest of the mini's do not have it as you said.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Serious Cruisers said:

I have D227 on ruby I was going to ask princess but prob my cat would know more!!  And ruby is going to dry dock before we board

The problem with putting a curtain in the older ships is that they have the old half circle TV stands/storage shelves. The curtain would have to be too far on either side to make it work. Hopefully the new flat screen wall mounted TVs are installed, giving you more storage and better access to the plugs that used to be used for the TVs.

1 hour ago, Serious Cruisers said:

So I used the chat live this morning. The agent checked and said yes it has a curtain....and said noted this conversation in my booking 

I did some searching around for photos or videos of Ruby mini suites on D deck on Google and YouTube and I cannot find one that shows a curtain separating the cabin.  Curtains only on the window.  Princess agents would likely not have a clue.  If I were you and if it’s that important I would look around before being convinced it’s there.  I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

7 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I did some searching around for photos or videos of Ruby mini suites on D deck on Google and YouTube and I cannot find one that shows a curtain separating the cabin.  Curtains only on the window.  Princess agents would likely not have a clue.  If I were you and if it’s that important I would look around before being convinced it’s there.  I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

Totally agree!!!!!! I am a gambler (this is a free cruise) I am betting there is none. It is going ti drydock before we sail perhaps a little revamping to mini suites?

1 hour ago, Serious Cruisers said:

Totally agree!!!!!! I am a gambler (this is a free cruise) I am betting there is none. It is going ti drydock before we sail perhaps a little revamping to mini suites?

We can only hope!  Regardless, have a wonderful time!  Throw up a shower curtain if need be.