Prices 2024 Europe

5 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

We're a bit limited because we don't do fly-cruises. We booked this month for a cruise sailing to the Canaries from Southampton early Oct 23 and there were only a handful of balconies left. I think if you are willing to fly there's more availability, but if you don't the pool to choose from is smaller and you are taking a chance if you book late unless you're not fussy about room category/deck/location.

You dont believe there is really only a few balconies left for a cruise in the Atlantic in October? Lol

Off peak, north Atlantic freezing cold wind there and back. They are hiding the rooms on the system to lure in buyers. 

Personally if i was going to the canaries id fly to Tenerife on the P&O Azura for 2 weeks. Better shows, better food, cheaper booze and no 4 days in the rain and freezing wind getting there and back. Probably half the price of Royal too. 

If you want to do this ship dont over pay for it. I paid 1100 for a GTY Balcony for 12 nights. 

15 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

We will have had Anthem as the only ship sailing Nov to April from Cape Liberty for 8.5 years when she leaves in May 2024.  IIRC, she was the only ship until they started bringing in other ships during the spring to fall season.

Yes, we can drive to Baltimore to sail on a 25+ year old Vision class ship.  Otherwise, we have to fly to other ports.

Wow but how do you feel about that? Needing a change of ship scenery? For me i would want something different closer to me and very happy to change to a different cruise company 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Wow but how do you feel about that? Needing a change of ship scenery? For me i would want something different closer to me and very happy to change to a different cruise company 

I don't like the hassle of flying (except for transatlantics), so I just deal with the same ships.  But, I look forward to delivering* Odyssey to Cape Liberty in Nov 2024.  🙂

There are many cruiseline options sailing from New York City, but it's more of a hassle to get to the ports.  The only other option from Baltimore is Carnival ... on an old ship.

* Booked the TA from Rome to Cape Liberty

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

You dont believe there is really only a few balconies left for a cruise in the Atlantic in October? Lol

Off peak, north Atlantic freezing cold wind there and back. They are hiding the rooms on the system to lure in buyers. 

Personally if i was going to the canaries id fly to Tenerife on the P&O Azura for 2 weeks. Better shows, better food, cheaper booze and no 4 days in the rain and freezing wind getting there and back. Probably half the price of Royal too. 

If you want to do this ship dont over pay for it. I paid 1100 for a GTY Balcony for 12 nights. 

We did Azura  last December to try P&O on a cheapish cruise…..it was poor to say the least.

Dated and old ship , terrible lack of choice of drinks, Tiny food portions with poor service in a dining room…never again!

Edited by dino1037
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

'Lol'?

We've done this cruise before same time of the year and had nice weather.

We don't fly, as I said.

Also, we had a very good price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dino1037 said:

We did Azura  last December to try P&O on a cheapish cruise…..it was poor to say the least.

Dated and old ship , terrible lack of choice of drinks, Tiny food portions with poor service in a dining room…never again!

This. P&O are cheap for a reason …

• Like 1

Royal would do well adding another ship out of Southampton that does some more interesting itineraries to give more options.

The P&O comparison is fair though, yes the ships generally aren't as good, Azura is shockingly bad in some many ways, design and the vibrations if you get a rear cabin and horrendous. But in saying all of that the food and service we thought were fine and we went with kids in a school holiday. Also good to hear the comments from people that said they didn't know it was a school holiday - when it literally says it EVERYWHERE when you search and book, that makes me laugh a lot. 

RCI can still make good money out of the UK / Northern Europe routes but they need to offer something a little different. Have Anthem go south in the summer and Navigator go north / Scandinavia etc. would be great for those that don't just want the sun as an alternative. Come on Royal, throw us another ship or at least two..!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

First they have to come back to the Baltic with Copenhagen/Stockholm/Oslo home porting, Southampton still has a big ship..

The Russia/Ukraine situation has put paid to that. Many Americans won’t go near the Baltic now, and St Petersburg was the big draw for many on those itineraries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

The Russia/Ukraine situation has put paid to that. Many Americans won’t go near the Baltic now, and St Petersburg was the big draw for many on those itineraries.

I know but bad for all loyal Royal cruisers from all of Europe (not UK) who still want to go. They have to book MSC, Costa, NCL, HAL, TUI or Aida now. 

Edited by Saab4444

16 hours ago, dino1037 said:

Thats funny because i did it in February. Spent the sum of 15GBP per day per person to eat in speciality restaurants every day where service was perfect and the food was amazing. The choice of cider was better on here than Royal with better beer too. The cocktails were made correctly and not with syrups. Half the price of Royals too. A terrible lack of choice of drinks? Have you seen Royals lately? One sparking wine. ONE. No Prosecco! 

Maybe for 520 GBP per person INCLUDING the Flight your expectations were a little too high?

Yes its an old ship that was due for refurb cancelled in the pandemic but there is plenty of seating in the bars and shows unlike modern ships. Its always a trade off. For a start they had 2 bands and 3 singers and all of them could sing... Be lucky to get one that can sing on other lines.

You get what you pay for. Pay a little more. 

Edited by Pandamonia
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

'Lol'?

We've done this cruise before same time of the year and had nice weather.

We don't fly, as I said.

Also, we had a very good price.

Thats luck. 

October Atlantic can wipe 4 days off your 12 day holiday. Ive seen this happen in July even. 

If you dont fly then thats going to limit you no matter what so it doesnt really matter. 

I cant imagine a life limited to land and sea travel. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

. A terrible lack of choice of drinks? Have you seen Royals lately? One sparking wine. ONE. No Prosecco! 

That’s strange.. there certainly was Prosecco when I was on Enchantment earlier this month; and there certainly was Prosecco when I was on Radiance last month… as I always check they are making my aperol spritz with it ( and not that duc de v stuff).

Perhaps I drank it all. Oops 🙊 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, little britain said:

That’s strange.. there certainly was Prosecco when I was on Enchantment earlier this month; and there certainly was Prosecco when I was on Radiance last month… as I always check they are making my aperol spritz with it ( and not that duc de v stuff).

Not any more at least from Southampton. 

Sparkling wine only one now is 13 USD per 125ml glass and 68 USD per bottle. (im obviously excluding the 150usd per bottle champagnes etc)

I looked at all the menus before i boarded and didnt believe it was the case until i got on board and confirmed it. 

Royal is blaming supply chain problems. The whole wine list has gotten much smaller even in speciality. 

Edited by Pandamonia

18 hours ago, dino1037 said:

Hello,

I agree with all of that apart from the 'poor service'. I have not great recollections apart from one thing: The firm, but gentle, informing a guest that shorts were not acceptable in the MDR.

Regards,

Cublet

49 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hello,

You and me both!

I don't know whether it's genuine ignorance or dastardly training but Champagne, Prosecco and Cava all come, miraculously, out of the same bottle! And usually the cheapest one too.

Earlier this month on Silhouette I bought several bottles of real Prosecco and had the Passport Bar keep them under my name in their fridge to be called-on as required. Not only did I get what I wanted but I saved a fortune vs Drinks Package or per glass purchase.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

Thats luck. 

October Atlantic can wipe 4 days off your 12 day holiday. Ive seen this happen in July even. 

If you dont fly then thats going to limit you no matter what so it doesnt really matter. 

I cant imagine a life limited to land and sea travel. 

You must have been very lucky with weather on your fly-cruises, like we've been very lucky with our no-fly cruises.

When we have flown in the past to the Med we've had bad weather there too (3 days of terrible storms in Italy and extremely rough seas). It's the nature of weather unfortunately....the luck of the draw.

Each cruiser has their preferences and standards. What one person likes, another may not. If we were all the same life would be pretty boring.

I enjoy the Cruise Critic boards because on the whole people are friendly and helpful and willing to engage in conversation about their love of cruising.

Cruising is many different things to many different people.

• Like 2

Hello,

Re Prices: OK so I normally book ASAP and 2024 itineraries came out at the same time as Black Friday but my 2023 Norway and Canaries cruises are dearer than 2024.

Regards,

Cublet

9 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

You must have been very lucky with weather on your fly-cruises, like we've been very lucky with our no-fly cruises.

When we have flown in the past to the Med we've had bad weather there too (3 days of terrible storms in Italy and extremely rough seas). It's the nature of weather unfortunately....the luck of the draw.

Each cruiser has their preferences and standards. What one person likes, another may not. If we were all the same life would be pretty boring.

I enjoy the Cruise Critic boards because on the whole people are friendly and helpful and willing to engage in conversation about their love of cruising.

Cruising is many different things to many different people.

No its not lol. 

There are places where the chances of good weather are much better at certain times of year. Outside of freak occurrences. 

Sailing in October from Southampton and down the Atlantic to the canaries is basically 2 days where you more likely to see bad weather than good. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

No its not lol. 

There are places where the chances of good weather are much better at certain times of year. Outside of freak occurrences. 

Sailing in October from Southampton and down the Atlantic to the canaries is basically 2 days where you more likely to see bad weather than good. 

Whatever 🤪

Your cruises are obviously better than anyone elses LOL