New to Norwegian Joy - Snacks?

YODERSMOMMY

My husband and I are taking our first Norwegian Joy cruise to Bermuda July 2023 in a Haven Room with a butler.  It's interesting how I have no idea what to do with a butler so I investigated through the blogs.  Great information!

Question to most recent cruisers, I see that some of the posts state that there are chips, nuts, etc.  Some state no.  What say you? Thanks!.  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YODERSMOMMY said:

My husband and I are taking our first Norwegian Joy cruise to Bermuda July 2023 in a Haven Room with a butler.  It's interesting how I have no idea what to do with a butler so I investigated through the blogs.  Great information!

Question to most recent cruisers, I see that some of the posts state that there are chips, nuts, etc.  Some state no.  What say you? Thanks!.  😁

@YODERSMOMMY Hello and welcome to the NCL Haven.  Thank you to @Hallux for bringing up my screen name and the post I have done.  Your questions has been asked many times, had many answers and gets debated day after day.  I will give you my experience of three times on the NCL Joy, twice in the Haven and once in a Club Balcony Suite.  FYI, if you want to watch a video on the H2 Haven Deluxe Owners Suite on the Joy, I did it a year or so ago just search YouTube.com.  Just an FYI.

NCL is a Mainstream Cruise line.  The Joy is a Mega Ship.  It holds over 4200 passengers with one of the largest Haven's in the fleet with over 200 Haven Guests.  The daily snack are product and the same for every Haven Suite simply for efficiency.  If you have special requests, create a working relationship with your butler and express them.  The Phase I use and have used with my butler is,

"If it is ok with you, I would like to have (Insert) as long as it is not against NCL Policy.  If there is a cost, please let me know and I will give you a yes or no."  

My request are usually basic and I have never really had an issue.  The first Haven experience my wife and I asked for nuts because we thought (Key Word Thought) we were going to be doing Keto.  That day our butler brought a soup bowl of raw unsalted peanuts that were awful.  The moral of this story is remember to be very specific. 

My OP-ED's are very focused on one concept which has proven to be the best advice for having a elevated cruise experience.  Please take everything that everyone tells you with a grain of salt including me.  The key is always, "Realistic Expectations".  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Thanks 1

We told our butler that we really liked bar mix, M&Ms, cheese and crackers, BLTs and PBJs and that any would be greatly appreciated. He served us a nice rotating mix. On embarkation there were already some snack bowls covered with plastic wrap as I had mentioned this to the pre-cruise concierge. I also discovered that in the Observation Lounge there is an assortment of snacks in a section called build-your-own-trail mix. That was a lot of fun. Have a great cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:36 PM, YODERSMOMMY said:

For your specific question regarding snacks (mmmmmmm):

We always ask for, and receive the following:

- Peanut M&M's, they do offer mini plain M&M's also

- Gummy bears

- Pitcher of iced tea and water for the mini fridge

In the past we have asked, and sometimes are provided:

- Potato chips

- Bar mix

We have asked for, and never received the following:

- Trail mix (like a real, honest to goodness granola type mix)

- Pistachios

Not sure you're aware, so I'll mention this, as well. The butler provides daily afternoon snacks. These take the form of sweet and savory. Many we don't want and have had partial success not having the unwanted ones delivered. I will say though, if NCL wanted to cut the afternoon snacks out completely to save some money, I would be completely fine with this. They are wasteful, in my opinion, even though I may indulge in those that strike my fancy. 🙂

What we request and receive:

- Chocolate covered strawberries

- Chocolate covered pineapple

- Mini sandwiches - we also ask for BLT's and peanut butter and jelly. The chicken salad is actually quite good, but the ham/cheese is not. And, we strongly, strongly, strongly dislike turkey. 

One out of four butlers has followed our request not to have the other afternoon snacks delivered. These are canapes (worthless, soggy, and blah), sweet breads, and cookies. The other butlers brought them. 

Keep on asking your questions! Or head over to the very lengthy, very informative Secrets of the Haven thread that was started by @Sthrngary and is added to by many Haven regulars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3