How about consideration for Staff?

1Virgo

Well done for posting this. We’ve stood up for staff before and apologised to staff on a short ‘booze’ cruise from Southampton.

There’s a miserable woman who posts nothing but negativity on here. Can’t wait to see her comments.

We, as a group, need to challenge these people who flout the dress code (I’m on vacation and I’ll do what I want) and those who are just plain rude or complain endlessly.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Unfortunately, if you work with the public, you will sooner or later run into an ungrateful and usually sarcastic individual. In my 25+ yrs as an ER/Trauma RN I will always remember the "gentleman" who needed and an IV and pain medication. When I came into his cubicle, I was yelled at for not being quicker, in our 100 bed ER. I informed him of my order for IV and pain medication. He informed me that I could never get an IV placement on him because "you're only a nurse" and if I was any good at anything I would have become a doctor. He demanded anesthesia for IV placement. He reluctantly allowed me one stick, which of course went into place immediately but he told me "you're just lucky." He then started screaming as to how long it would take me to get his pain medication, which of course, I had with me and gave slowly and correctly. He informed me that I should have pushed the pain medication in quickly, which of course would have caused him to vomit!

No matter where I am, on a ship or in a store or restaurant, I treat the staff/servers with the upmost respect because, they deserve it!

Hey I admire your work.  My mother trained as a nurse’s aid in the Air Force.

I think life would be pretty boring without those sarcastic individuals.  I’ve never met one myself, of course.  😳

On 6/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, swjumbo said:

We, as a group, need to challenge these people who flout the dress code (I’m on vacation and I’ll do what I want) and those who are just plain rude or complain endlessly.

The same should be said about challenging certain staff members.  On the Solstice, the manager  of Blu had reserved 5 tables of 2 for a party of 10 for 7 pm for  each dinner seating.  He had said there were no reserved seating but was making an exception.  These tables were prime being center by the windows.  The sad part was that only on the first night did all 10 show up.  Typically, it was 6 of the party.  I did bring this  to his  attention  and then with the Comments Cards during and after the cruise.  

7 minutes ago, keesar said:

The same should be said about challenging certain staff members.  On the Solstice, the manager  of Blu had reserved 5 tables of 2 for a party of 10 for 7 pm for  each dinner seating.  He had said there were no reserved seating but was making an exception.  These tables were prime being center by the windows.  The sad part was that only on the first night did all 10 show up.  Typically, it was 6 of the party.  I did bring this  to his  attention  and then with the Comments Cards during and after the cruise.  

Yea I hate how groups think they automatically have priority over everyone else.  

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yea I hate how groups think they automatically have priority over everyone else.  

On this cruise, a group booked ALL of the Specialty Restaurants for the entire night.   Good for Celebrity but not good for a couple that wanted to go to Murano to celebrate their anniversary.  

4 minutes ago, keesar said:

On this cruise, a group booked ALL of the Specialty Restaurants for the entire night.   Good for Celebrity but not good for a couple that wanted to go to Murano to celebrate their anniversary.  

I would be a bit annoyed to say the least.

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

Totally understand your frustration.

The group ( apparently very large ) most likely arranged everything long ago.

If it were us, we would be disappointed also, and celebrate our xx anniversary the next day.

Also, I'm not sure we would enjoy our dinner with the rest of the diners being a part of the same group. One table could be louder than the other , and, the other louder than, etc etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keesar said:

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

IMO, This was caused by the manager of Blu, not the group.   

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How many tables would the group use if they did not go to Blu?

Anywhere from one to ten I suppose, but what difference does it make.  It was the manager who broke the no reservation rule for the 5 two-tops in a prime location.  The only reason the group was given priority was because the manager allowed it.   Blame the manager not the group.