Dress code

jcool

Gail & Dan-

Casual like shorts or jeans work all nights in all venues...7 cruises on 6 different MSC ships in last 12 months...3 of those in Europe and 4 were in yacht club.

As another person said, there are many self proclamed fashion police snobs on this forum.

Cheers and enjoy your cruise!

8 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

Gail & Dan-

Casual like shorts or jeans work all nights in all venues...7 cruises on 6 different MSC ships in last 12 months...3 of those in Europe and 4 were in yacht club.

As another person said, there are many self proclamed fashion police snobs on this forum.

Cheers and enjoy your cruise!

Thats Awesome !! Thank you We are looking at baltic for next year ? 

Thank you everyone ! for answering all my questions 

Cheers!!

Honestly, White Night was the one night I felt out of place on my first MSC sailing. I did not wear white because I didn't plan to attend the party, but I was super self-conscious being one of the only people not dressed in white at dinner and various venues after dinner. On my next sailing, I was sure to wear more white!

6 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It's named Elegant Night, where the suggested dress code is formal. But it's obviously not Cunard et al so it's not compulsory to wear a tux or make an effort. 

Actually it's named gala night and, no the suggested dress is not "formal."  From the MSC site https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/before-you-go/what-to-wear

Gala Night

On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps it’s your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance. The only thing required is your smile.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gizfish said:

Actually it's named gala night and, no the suggested dress is not "formal."  From the MSC site https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/before-you-go/what-to-wear

Gala Night

On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps it’s your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance. The only thing required is your smile.

Our most recent cruise they used the wording Gala and Elegant on the daily planner and other onboard documents. Irrespective, they're all really the same words to describe the evening. And, as previously stated it's recommended but not compulsory to wear formal/elegant/gala outfits. 

• Haha 1

We got off the Europa in May and the dress code for MDR wasn't really followed at all, I mean a few people turned up in sliders, shorts and a vest. Each to their own, it didn't affect me at all. But I wouldn't worry about the dress code.

Gala Night, not many people do it as it's usually the day at sea and when people are getting off the next day. White Party had more involvement from people

14 hours ago, NMsunset said:

On my New York sailing Gala night in YC Dinning Room we had shorts and flip flops (sliders). 

As to snobs on the forum at least we aren't talking about wearing baseball caps in the dinning room... oops... 

• Thanks 1