how does Wi-fi work?

fozzy1975

I just purchased the premium plan for my son on our horizon cruise this weekend. He has some school work. He’s gonna have to get done. I know it could be a hit or miss, but he needs it. anyways, I’m wondering how does the Wi-Fi work? I know when we use the hub app for texting we turn on airplane mode. What does he do to get onto the Wi-fi? Does he just open his computer and connect to the Wi-fi with a password? does her get a password?

It will bring up a web page where he will log in using the folio number and DOB of whoever the name is actually on the purchase.  So usually if we get wi-fi, my husband will purchase it, and I will log in using his folio and DOB if I need to since only one device can be using it at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, weezal said:

That's the key. It's super easy on your phone because one simply goes in through your downloaded App. I had to ask GS for the browser web site necessary for my computer to access the sign-in screen. After that it goes smoothly.

Edited by jsglow

10 hours ago, fozzy1975 said:

I just purchased the premium plan for my son on our horizon cruise this weekend. He has some school work. He’s gonna have to get done. I know it could be a hit or miss, but he needs it. anyways, I’m wondering how does the Wi-Fi work? I know when we use the hub app for texting we turn on airplane mode. What does he do to get onto the Wi-fi? Does he just open his computer and connect to the Wi-fi with a password? does her get a password?

You have have to connect to their wireless network. Then open up a web browser. I guess the proper way is to type carnivalhub.com as stated above. I never knew the proper way so I always type logout.com which takes you to the logout page. Which has a link to the login page. Once on the login page just log in with folio # and birth date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, MississippiMom said:

So glad I came across this thread.  We have two that I purchased the premium wifi package for, because of work and because of college courses.  I will make sure they both get the instruction link listed above.

Not sure if you did this, but make sure you purchased a Premium Wi-Fi package for each of them b/c only 1 device can be on it at a time.  If both need to use it at the same time, 2 Wi-Fi packages need to be purchased.  It should have given you the option for purchasing for both.  We always buy the Premium for each of us b/c you never know when the other wants/needs to be on it.  BTW, I have never had a problem with the Wi-Fi, including for occasionally checking in remotely for work while on a cruise.  

Happy cruising everyone!

• Thanks 1