Help with EZ Air and possible Cancellations

larrybritt

We are getting nervous. We are scheduled to fly from Myrtle Beach to Newark NJ on this Saturday 11:32 to 1:30 and then Leave 3:22pm to Vancouver. With all the horror stories going on up there now, I just can’t see it fixed by then. I know we can’t control the weather. But what do we do since we booked with EZ Air? Beat ideas or options? We can hope it gets better but sure has us worried as of now.

Need more information before anyone can assist you.  I hope you have given yourself some buffer time.  Are you flying in a day or two before your cruise?  What is your weather forecast?  The gloom and doom news is reporting many delays.  

Stay calm (I know that is asking a lot).

Download the airline app and continue to check to make sure your flight is still scheduled.

EZ Air's phone number:  800-545-0008.  Put this in your contacts.  They are "supposed to be" open 24/7 but I have only tried to reach them during working hours.  

Use https://flightaware.com to monitor your flight number starting with today.  This will give you an idea of how likely your flight will leave on time.  

Get to the airport early, just in case they can put you on the next available flight to EWR.

Be sure to pack enough in. your carry on to cover a couple of days of misdirected luggage.  Medicine in the carry on.

EZ Air will find you a different flight if yours is cancelled, but it may not be the best alternative.  They WILL get you to the next port.  Do your research to see what will/will not be acceptable travel for you.  EZ Air says same airline/same class, but I have heard others say they have changed airlines for you.  

You have to be the one being pro-active.  Know your alternatives.  I hope you bought Princess Vacation Protection.  If you did, you are covered for any changes or deviations.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Need more information before anyone can assist you.  I hope you have given yourself some buffer time.  Are you flying in a day or two before your cruise?  What is your weather forecast?  The gloom and doom news is reporting many delays.  

Stay calm (I know that is asking a lot).

Download the airline app and continue to check to make sure your flight is still scheduled.

EZ Air's phone number:  800-545-0008.  Put this in your contacts.  They are "supposed to be" open 24/7 but I have only tried to reach them during working hours.  

Use https://flightaware.com to monitor your flight number starting with today.  This will give you an idea of how likely your flight will leave on time.  

Get to the airport early, just in case they can put you on the next available flight to EWR.

Be sure to pack enough in. your carry on to cover a couple of days of misdirected luggage.  Medicine in the carry on.

EZ Air will find you a different flight if yours is cancelled, but it may not be the best alternative.  They WILL get you to the next port.  Do your research to see what will/will not be acceptable travel for you.  EZ Air says same airline/same class, but I have heard others say they have changed airlines for you.  

You have to be the one being pro-active.  Know your alternatives.  I hope you bought Princess Vacation Protection.  If you did, you are covered for any changes or deviations.

We did leave 2 days before the cruise to spend time in Vancouver, so hopefully worst case that is just cut short. The weather still looks a little rough with afternoon storms on Saturday in Newark. We did at least yes get insurance. 

I was thinking of trying to call EZ Air and see if we can change flights so that we don't have to go to Newark as that seems to be a huge log jam. I see flights on different sights that go to other places first like Atlanta for a layover where the weather looks a little better. Might give that a try. We are trying to stay calm, but just want to get any info that could help in case of worst case.

We will make sure to have meds and snacks. Hope don't have to camp out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

We did leave 2 days before the cruise to spend time in Vancouver, so hopefully worst case that is just cut short. The weather still looks a little rough with afternoon storms on Saturday in Newark. We did at least yes get insurance. 

I was thinking of trying to call EZ Air and see if we can change flights so that we don't have to go to Newark as that seems to be a huge log jam. I see flights on different sights that go to other places first like Atlanta for a layover where the weather looks a little better. Might give that a try. We are trying to stay calm, but just want to get any info that could help in case of worst case.

We will make sure to have meds and snacks. Hope don't have to camp out.

Good luck!  Planning to fly in a few days early and purchasing travel insurance was a great decision. The current air travel issues go to show that delays can occur anytime. I used to worry only in the winter but now I worry with  every flight!

• Like 1

The problem is if there are no seats to get you on, they can't get you anywhere. My friends recently did not go on their trip as the only flight they gave them included 30 hours of flying.

You didn't say what airline you're booked on, but I'd guess its United given you're connecting in Newark.  I also fly from MYR a lot but tend to book American most frequently. 

If you want to avoid the Northeast airports, check out flying American from MYR>DFW>YVR on 7/1 leaving at 1:18 pm and arriving at 9:11 PDT.  Also MYR>CLT>DFW>YVR.

@larrybritt Thanks to Goggle...I see that your flight left MYR and arrived at EWR.  Then left Newark for YVR, arriving at 6:27 PM.

I sure hope you were on these planes.  Tonight, enjoy a good dinner and then call it an early night.  (Hopefully) You are in Vancouver and breathe a sigh of relief.  

Use Google to search Free Walking Tours of Vancouver.  I have done several and they are wonderful.

Bon Voyage.  Let us know how EZ Air worked for you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@larrybritt Thanks to Goggle...I see that your flight left MYR and arrived at EWR.  Then left Newark for YVR, arriving at 6:27 PM.

I sure hope you were on these planes.  Tonight, enjoy a good dinner and then call it an early night.  (Hopefully) You are in Vancouver and breathe a sigh of relief.  

Use Google to search Free Walking Tours of Vancouver.  I have done several and they are wonderful.

Bon Voyage.  Let us know how EZ Air worked for you.  

Thanks, what a day. You nailed it. We were so thankful and happy Flights were on time. Long day of travel. But made it safe and at pan Pacific. Had a late dinner and headed to sleep. And EZ air worked out fine as we had no issues, I called them before in case anything happened but luckily we were good coming here.

No hopefully the Longshoreman strike is not an issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1