A very specific question about staying on deck 14 SotS

I am currently booked with 2 cabins for a future sailing on SotS. I grabbed up 14629/31 due to 14629 having the extended balcony and I figured with me and my friends we could enjoy the extra balcony space and make it a "triple balcony." These were the only 2 neighboring rooms with this configuration available at the time of booking. I have sailed on SotS deck 14 before, but during the limited capacity covid sailings with very little entertainment so I fear my previous experience might have painted too rosy a picture on the noise levels of the cabins. My previous cabin was basically under the hot tub next to the beach pool and I do not recall any "chair scraping" but perhaps this was a product of the timing and population of that sailing.

image.png.f48764df8c3b1f993223ae993777c229.pngSymDec-19109-1571148138.webpimage.png.81e54e67bd1450f173cc48eed96b2013.png

So these are the best pictures I could find online with my situation. The top picture being the balcony from the side and the bottom pictures showing what's above. The splash park is obviously closed all night and from what I can tell, doesn't open until 10am. 

Has anyone stayed in these cabins, or at least in cabins directly below the splash park. Do these cabins suffer from the same type of chair scraping in the early morning/at night as the areas near the pools with more chairs. Would I be foolish to not change my cabin to a lower deck? 

9 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Would I be foolish to not change my cabin to a lower deck? 

It depends on how sensitive you are to noises (or care) - it's not just the chairs, but noise in general from up there. It's very difficult to say how any crowd or activity will be like on your sailing.

I have 14629 booked on Wonder in August.  This was all [of the double balcony rooms] that was available when we booked...so I have the same concern.

However, your question about whether you should move...I would say NO !  You have a sweet set-up with the double balcony and a connecting balcony with your friends.  Unless you could duplicate this arrangement on another deck, I say deal with whatever noise you may have and enjoy the extra space.  We were in OA 10629 in Feb. and SY 11629 in Jan.  They are awesome rooms and we loved them.  There is the typical noise from the pool deck (not necessarily scraping chairs, but music, etc.) but it was never anything distracting.  In the evenings it was very enjoyable.  We're booked in 629/229 CP 3 more times in future cruises.

20 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I have 14629 booked on Wonder in August. This was all [of the double balcony rooms] that was available when we booked...so I have the same concern.

However, your question about whether you should move...I would say NO ! You have a sweet set-up with the double balcony and a connecting balcony with your friends. Unless you could duplicate this arrangement on another deck, I say deal with whatever noise you may have and enjoy the extra space. We were in OA 10629 in Feb. and SY 11629 in Jan. They are awesome rooms and we loved them. There is the typical noise from the pool deck (not necessarily scraping chairs, but music, etc.) but it was never anything distracting. In the evenings it was very enjoyable. We're booked in 629/229 CP 3 more times in future cruises.

Oh you're booked under an actual pool that might have people moving around during sleeping hours... I'll check back in after your August sailing to see how it was

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Don't move. Your prior experience on Deck 14 will be very similar. How often do people drag chairs around anyway?

well the real concern is while they are cleaning/setting up the deck early in the morning

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

well the real concern is while they are cleaning/setting up the deck early in the morning

If you didn't hear it last time then I don't think it will be any different this time around.

34 minutes ago, notscb said:

The crew do it at night after the pools close so they can clean the deck. Almost every night.

This topic has been discussed for years on this forum, with varying opinions from "avoid Deck 14" to "no issue at all." Yes there is a risk of noise from the chairs. I guess it depends on when and how the crew move the chairs, which is difficult to predict with certainty. Here is one sample thread. There are many others.

Don't move.  The triple-balcony situation is a sweet set-up.  A benefit we didn't see coming: We never locked our sliding doors; rather, we left them open so our group could come and go between rooms without going out into the main hallway.  

Don't move.  You said this was the only set of rooms that would give you this triple balcony -- and multiple rooms side-by-side with this configuration are unlikely to open up. 

Don't move.  The noise you dread likely won't be a problem.  I've been directly under the Windjammer and literally never heard a peep.  I've had more trouble from being close to the elevators (no, the noise didn't come from the elevators -- it came from the increased foot traffic that comes with being near the elevators).  

Don't move.  You say you value the balcony, and you've made your choice.  Don't second guess yourself.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

This topic has been discussed for years on this forum, with varying opinions from "avoid Deck 14" to "no issue at all." Yes there is a risk of noise from the chairs. I guess it depends on when and how the crew move the chairs, which is difficult to predict with certainty. Here is one sample thread. There are many others.

I'm mostly curious bc the positioning of where on deck 14 should matter. There is an area on the pool deck where they stack chairs, I would assume that area gets a lot of scraping. But an area like under the mini golf would probably be pretty silent. I was basically looking for first hand accounts in this specific area I posted about

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Don't move. You say you value the balcony, and you've made your choice. Don't Second Guess yourself.

I can't help it... 46 weeks away and my mind wanders haha... Last week I was second guessing my dining times. Basically, I noticed on cruise compasses from the Oasis out of Bayonne with this same itinerary have a 5/730 MDR in May and I look at the app and sure enough that's today's schedule but next week's sailing says 530/8... but when I checked last week this week's sailing on the app said 530/8 as well so why is this now earlier? I want the traditional dining with the same waiters/table but 5 is too early and 8 is too late. I could probably deal with 530 or 730, but there seems to be no consistency on the app here. So now I question do I risk a 5pm dining but garuntee a freed up evening for entertainment, or do i risk an 8pm dining and basically kill the evening. Choices choices... I would say I wish I booked closer to the sailing so I would have less time to fret, but the price today is more than 50% more than when I booked haha

16 hours ago, Miloomar said:

So now I question do I risk a 5pm dining but guarantee a freed-up evening for entertainment or do I risk an 8pm dining and basically kill the evening.

Do early traditional and just show up at 5:30.

7 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

But if the timing is 5/730 then don't they give away the table at 515?

Very unlikely - they would do that later to perhaps an MTD reservation holder. With traditional dining, that table is yours and they typically won't give it away to another traditional diner.