Pop up Glasshouse on Arcadia

gsmt47471015

Just tapping into the vast knowledge of members and asking if anybody can shed light on the above subject?

I have attempted to glean some information from P and O and come to the realisation that members on these boards will be better informed!!

Does Arcadia actually have a pop up glasshouse and if so ,how, where and when does it function and with what facilities ,IE wine choices ,food etc ?

Many thanks 😊

21 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Arcadia had a pop up Glasshouse on 14 May cruise. Only on sea days and only for  lunch. In Intermezzo outside Ocean Grill. Very nice but they had to stop it once Noro took hold. 

It was back from 6 June cruise, sea days only.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Palaceman said:

It was back from 6 June cruise, sea days only.

Yes we saw it, but was not aware of the actual hours.  It is just the bar area that is cordoned off with a red tape, the sort of thing you see to mark out walkways when queueing at an airport.

There was no mention of norovirus on the 16 night 6th June cruise at all and we were able to serve ourselves at the buffet throughout the cruise.  There was apparently a rather unsavoury happening in the baggage collection hall when we disembarked though, seems someone was suffering from loose bowels and member of staff said they had a really difficult time cleaning it up.  Apparently it was spread over a large area with people walking in it.  We disembarked fairly late and I had commented that a wet floor sign was right in the middle of the walkway which I needed to use to push my trolley out of the terminal and I was told that as the reason it was there.  The floor looked completely clean though and the disembarkation went ahead fairly quickly.  Glad we disembarked when we did.

Edited by tring

Thank you very much for the answers relating to my original question ,Feel that we would have liked some alternative dining options on our upcoming world cruise and had hoped that meals might be served other than lunchtime on sea days in this venue 

33 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

We are on Arcadia at the moment and there is little information about it, but it seems to be at lunchtimes on sea days. As above, it is a cordoned off part of Intermezzo.

When we were on in June the opening times were published in the Horizon along with the other restaurant opening times.

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

Can someone clarify please- is the pop up just the food or is the wine available as well? Thanks

A very pertinent question.

When the Glasshouse concept was first introduced (on Azura) it was first and foremost a wine bar. Its selling point was that it featured wines chosen by Olly Smith and not available elsewhere onboard and that all wines were available by the glass as well as by the bottle - hence Glasshouse. Light meals and snacks were also available. It was dissappointing to find therefore, that on my cruise on Azura last year the Glasshouse appeared to have become primarily a restaurant.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Denarius said:

A very pertinent question.

When the Glasshouse concept was first introduced (on Azura) it was first and foremost a wine bar. Its selling point was that it featured wines chosen by Olly Smith and not available elsewhere onboard and that all wines were available by the glass as well as by the bottle - hence Glasshouse. Light meals and snacks were also available. It was dissappointing to find therefore, that on my cruise on Azura last year the Glasshouse appeared to have become primarily a restaurant.

The wine selection is vastly reduced IMHO but it still has most of my favourites listed 

On 6/30/2023 at 4:52 PM, Cathygh said:

The wine selection is vastly reduced IMHO but it still has most of my favourites listed 

Could someone upload a copy of the wine list for the GlassHouse on Arcadia please (no doubt showing what is in / out of the packages and the prices etc).