1st time Celebrity, trying to decide on stateroom

tarheel87

On this class of ship the balcony cabins are all the same size so that is not a factor.  I personally would not pay much extra for Concierge, and in fact would only pay a little extra if I were able to secure one of the so-called hump cabins.  Those are my favorite locations. Unlike some above, we love Blu and that is why when we can't afford a suite (which is most of the time lately) we always book Aqua Class.  They also have some hump cabin locations, which are considered "Prime" Aqua Class these days and cost a little extra.  If you are spa people, that perk with Aqua Class is nice also although we don't make good use of it.  We book it primarily for Blu.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 5:37 PM, the penguins said:

Finally the dining - sharing tables at dinner is a major part of our cruise and with Aqua you have your own table.

So this means they assign tables at Blu?  We are traveling with our family - 10 in total - and I was concerned about dining.

We normally share tables when traveling with friends but prefer a 2 top when we are not.

38 minutes ago, caviargal said:

So this means they assign tables at Blu?  We are traveling with our family - 10 in total - and I was concerned about dining.

We normally share tables when traveling with friends but prefer a 2 top when we are not.

Sorry can't help but I'm sorry some regulars in Aqua will be able to.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:11 PM, Mike981 said:

Like you I was wondering about a Concierge room and then came a cross a good deal on an Aqua room that was about the same price I had been seening for a Concierge room, so I nabbed it. It will be our first time in Aqua and are looking forward to it. The 'extra's' you get for a Concierge room just don't excite us.

You will love Blu as we did in the past, and in my opinion the only reason to book Aqua class. Much more intimate dining room with great service. On the Reflection you will also be able to choose entrees from the MDR if you do not find something you want on the Blu menu. We now only book Sky Suites, but loved Aqua before we discovered the Retreat.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:18 AM, caviargal said:

We never cruise with that large a group but with 6 we never had a problem getting a 6 top in Blu. Assuming all 10 in your group are in Aqua Class, may want to talk with the Blu Maitre D when you board about accommodating your group. Non-Aqua Class passengers are not allowed to dine in Blu.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:18 PM, Mike981 said:

Well D.B., I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We love Blu. We were in a Summit penthouse in May and many times ordered from the Blu menu instead of Luminae menu.

Laura

• Like 1

I must disagree with the notion that concierge class is not worth the upgrade. I drove from Orlando to Miami the morning of our Summit cruise and after getting through Miami traffic to the port, I really appreciated being served at lunch and not having to go through a buffet line. This was our first time on Celebrity and we were also invited to the helipad sail away, which we greatly enjoyed. Although I’m not sure if this was due to the concierge class, it was a nice introduction to Celebrity. We also let our room steward know that fruit and cheese was our preferred snack and there was always a plate in our room mid to late afternoon, which we snacked on while getting ready for dinner. 

With Brightline, I will no longer be driving to Miami, but I still think the sit down lunch is a nice perk after traveling. Others may not mind the buffet, but if budget allows, I prefer to book concierge.