Splash for your Bash

Cruiser2star

Has anybody tried this add on for their group?  We booked the Scarlet Lady this December for a “girls cruise”.  Ages 54-74 and decided to purchase the add on for help with dining.  There are 8 of us and we wanted to dine together.  Package seems to include help with one “family style dinner” and 1 bottomless brunch.  What might be included with the family dinner?  Asking because I need to choose the restaurant and have some “picky eaters” in the group.  Wake vs Pink Agave vs RD.  Test Kitchen is out for 4 so that night the reservation should be easy.   I don’t worry about reservations typically (it’s vacation, who cares?) but feel responsible for getting these ladies a reasonable dinner time so they can get their shows/activities in.  Some of us have “deep blue extras” so will board on the early side.

• Like 1

For picky eaters, I'd do either The Wake or (don't laugh) Razzle Dazzle.  You can't go wrong with a basic steak  house for "picky" unless they don't eat meat.  RD was our all time favorite.  THe secret steak was the best steak on board and there were several chicken dishes that were very good.  THere was also a nightly meat special, but that might have been because we were onboard for 15 nights most recently.  I think for me, the choice would come down to what atmosphere you want for your special dinner--Wake is fancier, RD is more "friendly."

Have never done the special, but what you get is a special dessert and maybe some other things.

OR you could do The Wake for your brunch and RD for your dinner!  That way, you'd have both experiences.

Only those in cabins with DBE will board early (you can't board a group of 8 if 2 people in a single cabin have priority unless the crew decide to let it slide.  Also, if you want to eat together every night, link your group on the app.  Then one of you will be able to make reservations for all.  Just be aware that if someone goes into the app and cancels their reservation, it will cancel the whole group.  TELL THEM that if someone wants to not do a show or dinner that was booked for the group, just leave the reservation intact and be a "no show" for it.  That will work unless they are trying to book something else that will have a conflict.

1 hour ago, Cruiser2star said:

Has anybody tried this add on for their group?  We booked the Scarlet Lady this December for a “girls cruise”.  Ages 54-74 and decided to purchase the add on for help with dining.  There are 8 of us and we wanted to dine together.  Package seems to include help with one “family style dinner” and 1 bottomless brunch.  What might be included with the family dinner?  Asking because I need to choose the restaurant and have some “picky eaters” in the group.  Wake vs Pink Agave vs RD.  Test Kitchen is out for 4 so that night the reservation should be easy.   I don’t worry about reservations typically (it’s vacation, who cares?) but feel responsible for getting these ladies a reasonable dinner time so they can get their shows/activities in.  Some of us have “deep blue extras” so will board on the early side.

I’ve not done it but from what I’ve read the special dinner includes the items which are normally extra cost like the seafood platters, plus drinks, special deserts and table decorations. 

Hey thanks, this info is helpful!  We are midwesterners so “meat and spuds” for the picky eaters.  We are older and have nice clothes from previous cruise “formal nites” so will be comfy at the Wake for dinner.  Great tip about the reservations, I have DBE so will board and use the “linked” feature to reserve for all.  Not a problem with “don’t cancel”, 1/2 the group is confused by cell phones on a good day!  We are “young at heart” and can’t wait to try VV!

3 hours ago, Cruiser2star said:

Hey thanks, this info is helpful!  We are midwesterners so “meat and spuds” for the picky eaters.  We are older and have nice clothes from previous cruise “formal nites” so will be comfy at the Wake for dinner.  

VV is great as you are welcome to dress up as much as you want, but you are also welcome everywhere on the ship in shorts and t-shirts.  I don't normally hit either extreme, but you wouldn't be out of place and no one would give you a second glance.

On 6/30/2023 at 9:24 AM, cantgetin said:

Have never done the special, but what you get is a special dessert and maybe some other things.

interesting...

I did Splash for your Bash on a girls' trip in April and we enjoyed it. Not at all worth it for the brunch as there was really nothing extra there other than the bottomless drinks, which is $25 anyway.

We chose to do Pink Agave for our dinner I think they hadn't had too many Splashes yet, so not sure if this is the same treatment going forward. Because we had 2 cabins participating we received double of everything which was WAY TOO MUCH...someone mentioned above about getting things that normally would be up-charges on the menu and that is the case. We got halibut and lobster I believe along with some other seafood dish. We had 2 bottles of a sparkling rose (very yummy) and bottomless margaritas or palomas. We could order desert but we were also presented with a small sheet cake as well. We were happy to share food with diners around us and no one on the wait staff seemed to mind. I particularly enjoyed having the chef come over and speak with us about the different food options and the special treatment in general (prime table, a big fun flashing sign, etc... some of that might not be for everyone).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.  We have 4 cabins and I was really wanting help with reservations.  Sailor Services has contacted me but it seems I will need to book the reservations first (45 days out) and then they will set up the “bash party stuff”.  I think they will probably help with the dinner and brunch and our gang will not expect to be able to eat together for some dinners unless we get lucky.  I have DBE so will board early and try if we don’t get group times 45 days out.  We are looking forward to the “special” party stuff at dinner…we are celebrating sisters and also loved ones we have all lost this year.  

You can make reservations for up to 8 people  at the 45 day point. You need to link the cruisers on the app, then you will be asked who you are including in your reservation.  It is very easy to do group reservations as long as you are linked.  HOWEVER....tell everyone not to cancel.  We've had situations where someone tries to cancel themselves from an event or dinner and cancels the entire group!  If someone wants to cancel, just keep the reservation until you board, then go to sailor services and let them help you cancel just the people who don't want whatever while keeping the reservations for the others.
You can do the linking now so you are all set at 45 days.

On 7/14/2023 at 7:34 AM, Cruiser2star said:

Thanks for the info.  We have 4 cabins and I was really wanting help with reservations.  Sailor Services has contacted me but it seems I will need to book the reservations first (45 days out) and then they will set up the “bash party stuff”.  I think they will probably help with the dinner and brunch and our gang will not expect to be able to eat together for some dinners unless we get lucky.  I have DBE so will board early and try if we don’t get group times 45 days out.  We are looking forward to the “special” party stuff at dinner…we are celebrating sisters and also loved ones we have all lost this year.  

Another thing you can do... once you have your reservations all sorted out of course... once on board, go to the restaurant for Brunch and Dinner and speak to the manager about why you booked the Splash for your Bash - share as much or as little information as you feel comfortable with... I mention this because the restaurant managers really seemed to enjoy having our group of ladies there for celebrations and really made an effort to make it special for us. 

I'm so sorry for your loss of loved ones, but love the idea of the celebration of life and celebration of you and your sisters!