Review Skew

People tend to write a review after their first experience with something until something goes wrong. If someone is taking a cruise every year for 10 years it is likely they aren't writing a review after each cruise so you may have a time where people are writing bad reviews but the experienced ones still enjoying it aren't counteracting that with their current good reviews. Its all averages. I don't write a lot of reviews but I have never written a positive review of the same place twice. 

Any company or site that offers reviews should be providing every single review to be viewed. We shouldn't be expecting them to tell us which ones are important or relevant. Present all of them and a robust filter system and let the user decide which ones are important to them.

I agree that often a review is posted by a person with an axe to grind.  So many (most) people have a wonderful time and aren't interested in posting their opinion.  You must try for yourself and form your own opinion.  We have sailed on almost 60 cruises including all of the major lines and in our opinion, Celebrity, especially the edge and solstice class are great.  The celebrity older ships also are really a good option.  Sailed many royal ships and our favorite all around is the oasis class (so far).  Carnival , NCL and Princess at the bottom of our lists, food, entertainment and ship on those not for us.  NCL IMO only the Haven good- but if you leave it not good.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, LobsterStalker said:

>>>> YIKES !!

To clarify - I was not quoting actual data - just noting a hypothetical circumstance in which it would be useful to be able to sort by date 🙂