Cancelled cruises on the beyond

smeck

32 minutes ago, BlackLion 213 said:

@Silkroad I'm just reading your changes and want to check something with you.

It looks like you had two Beyond sailings that were affected, but only rebooked one, and took the refund for the other. My understanding (of what I read in my email) is the OBC is per cabin (or suite, in your case). So for one rebooked, that's $200.

Did Celebrity give an additional courtesy, as little as it may be? Are you receiving $400 OBC?

I truly hope your Anniversary celebration is wonderful from this point forward.

Yes, we had two bookings on Beyond, one of which we were able to transfer. We transferred our Beyond Transatlantic booking to the Ascent Transatlantic. We had to pay prevailing rates, which cost us $700 additional fare. This was partly offset by $400 additional OBC, $200 of which was a portion of the OBC offered under the current booking promotion. The other $200 was the transfer incentive offered for suites.

We were not able to find an acceptable option for transfer of our second Beyond booking, so we won’t receive a $200 transfer incentive for that cruise. Instead, since Celebrity cancelled the cruise, they will refund our NRF deposit (which happens to be $200 because we booked on board) to my credit card.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have broken down the $400 more clearly in my previous post.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m sure we will have a wonderful celebration! Regardless of the inevitable changes and glitches we encounter while traveling, we’re happy to to be on the journey together😎😎

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Yes, we had two bookings on Beyond, one of which we were able to transfer. We transferred our Beyond Transatlantic booking to the Ascent Transatlantic. We had to pay prevailing rates, which cost us $700 additional fare. This was partly offset by $400 additional OBC, $200 of which was a portion of the OBC offered under the current booking promotion. The other $200 was the transfer incentive offered for suites. 

Got it, thanks!

And you're welcome! 😉

10 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Agreed.

And every time I have asked anything about airfares on here to a one people have said DO NOT BOOK RIGHT WHEN IT COMES OUT (exception being Southwest) because rates will drop. So choosing to book it the second it drops for international is all on that person.

Sorry, but that's not always the case.  I get my flights to Europe as soon as they drop, often with points, and from watching the prices for months and months afterwards, I haven't seen a better deal.  Just back from Europe and a cruise on another line that doesn't just move their already booked cruises constantly and I watched in my cruise group as people who waited and waited for flight prices to drop ended up canceling their cruises because airfare is only going up these days.  

I don't see why "it's on them" just because they booked a flight earlier than you would have booked it.  

Edited by MMMCruiser
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, D. B. said:

Celebrity is Not the only cruise line to Cancel whole seasons of a ships schedule.

It has happened a lot lately with other cruise lines as they try to position ships where they believe the demand will Be in the future.

It's the only one I've seen here, but I'm not reading all the different forums since I am planning to give Celebrity a try.  

10 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

It's the only one I've seen here, but I'm not reading all the different forums since I am planning to give Celebrity a try.  

I hope you realize that these forums are populated by people who have both positive and negative experiences on Celebrity and you can find out most of the highs and lows average out?

enjoy your Cruise.😀

20 hours ago, D. B. said:

I hope you realize that these forums are populated by people who have both positive and negative experiences on Celebrity and you can find out most of the highs and lows average out?

enjoy your Cruise.😀

Of course I understand that.  I'm not new to reading reviews, but I take many comments with a grain of salt so to speak, since service/taste are personal.  This move by X just rubs me the wrong way in terms of customer service, so it's giving me pause.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

Of course I understand that.  I'm not new to reading reviews, but I take many comments with a grain of salt so to speak, since service/taste are personal.  This move by X just rubs me the wrong way in terms of customer service, so it's giving me pause.  

The onboard experience is great never any issues or if there are handled promptly.  Service is one reason I enjoyed celebrity but the moves corporate have done I’m done sailing , besides my one last cruise over thanksgiving as that one is to hard to move with all people and they just pushed me faster into Oceania and other lines.  So be it.  

• Like 4