hotel help

lindacat

I will be in New Orleans December 1 for two nights prior to the Glory 14 day Panama cruise.  I will be cruising with two friends.  We are looking for a hotel in or near the French quarter where it will be easy to get around.  The difficult part is we would like three individual beds,  either two doubles and a fold out couch or a hotel with two beds and a roll away bed.  I can't seem to find any.  Our budget is up to 350 per night.  

We currently have a hampton inn and suites booked but it is in elmwood/clearview parkway.  We think it is a little further away than we would like.  Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, lindacat said:

I will be in New Orleans December 1 for two nights prior to the Glory 14 day Panama cruise.  I will be cruising with two friends.  We are looking for a hotel in or near the French quarter where it will be easy to get around.  The difficult part is we would like three individual beds,  either two doubles and a fold out couch or a hotel with two beds and a roll away bed.  I can't seem to find any.  Our budget is up to 350 per night.  

We currently have a hampton inn and suites booked but it is in elmwood/clearview parkway.  We think it is a little further away than we would like.  Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites across from the Convention Center with my sisters...2 full beds and a pull out sofabed. I've also dtayed at the Embassy Suites in the same area. Sorry can't remember the names of the streets. Neither are actually in the Quarter, but the walk there isn't too bad.

We stay at the Maison St. Charles in the Garden district. There is a trolley stop right out front of the hotel that takes you to Bourbon St. (cheap transportation!)  I know they have rooms to accommodate the 3 of you, we've stayed there many times.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, lindacat said:

That weekend is a bit challenging. I think because the Saints/Lions game on Sunday. A lot of people are going to be in town that weekend. I’m going to be in town that weekend. I’m not finding any three bed options in the French quarter that weekend but I did find one near the port.

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4837.jpeg

• 5 months later...

We will be in New Orleans on October 26 staying one night before our cruise on the 27th. Looking for hotel rooms I am finding rates of $300 up to $1200 for one night!!!!! Does anyone have a suggestion of a nice hotel for less than $300?  Thank you we only want a clean place to sleep for one night.

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

We will be in New Orleans on October 26 staying one night before our cruise on the 27th. Looking for hotel rooms I am finding rates of $300 up to $1200 for one night!!!!! Does anyone have a suggestion of a nice hotel for less than $300?  Thank you we only want a clean place to sleep for one night.

You're in a tough spot-- Oct 26th is the night of a Taylor Swift concert downtown. Hotel rates are going to be in the stratosphere. To get under $300 you might need to stay well outside of the city.

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

not a good night for a room, thanks for the answer

I would book something outside the city with a very flexible cancellation policy-- 6pm the day of arrival for example, and then the day before or the morning of use an app like HotelTonight to see what might be available in the city. Its not unheard of for rates to crash the night before one of these things.