Individual Specialty Restaurant Pricing

I'm just wondering if the individual restaurant specialty dining ever goes on sale for more than 10% off?  Or if that's a pretty good deal.  

Edited by Joe33472

• Joe33472 changed the title to Individual Specialty Restaurant Pricing
11 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Just wondering if the individual restaurant specialty dining ever goes on sale for more than 10% off?  

A month or so ago I was asking if they always sell at 15% off. .. now lunches went up and its 10% off. 

Next would be only 5% off .. I'm good with no  more changes.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

A month or so ago I was asking if they always sell at 15% off. .. now lunches went up and its 10% off. 

Next would be only 5% off .. I'm good with no  more changes.

We'll that's moving in the wrong direction.  I purchased the unlimited dining package, but I'm really doubting that decision.   It's just a lot of food and a lot of time sitting in restaurants if we try to "get our money's worth".   I also don't like the idea of the mad rush to make reservations on embarkation day and not getting what we would like.

6 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

We'll that's moving in the wrong direction.  I purchased the unlimited dining package, but I'm really doubting that decision.   It's just a lot of food and a lot of time sitting in restaurants if we try to "get our money's worth".   I also don't like the idea of the mad rush to make reservations on embarkation day and not getting what we would like.

No more food than at any other meal. Specialty dining time is no longer than normal MDR time.  UDP is usually about half price of a full price specialty. We have always had a package dining plan, no mad rush as we just do it first thing after boarding, we have never had a problem getting the times we prefer.  Well worth the savings of 50+% over individual pricing. 

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

No more food than at any other meal. Specialty dining time is no longer than normal MDR time.  UDP is usually about half price of a full price specialty. We have always had a package dining plan, no mad rush as we just do it first thing after boarding, we have never had a problem getting the times we prefer.  Well worth the savings of 50+% over individual pricing. 

I've done some calculations about pricing out the lunches and dinners individually and right now it's about 50% cheaper with the plan.    I'm happy to hear that you've had no problems making reservations on the first day, that's really positive.   We haven't pulled the trigger on cancelling the UDP, so we just may end up keeping it and showing some restraint in our food choices 🤣 Just because they offer three courses, doesn't mean we have to accept.