Turn around day on world cruise

dbali

Do we have to get off, go through customs, and get new suite key cards?  Do we have to stay out of our rooms until all  cabins are cleaned?  Any information  will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have never been on a world cruise but I have done several back to backs.  Immagration depends upon the government where you are docked and if the ship is arriving for the first time in the country.  The same applies to the other requirements such as those for Covid.  You should receive a key/card for you entire cruise when you board and you will be reminded to check to be sure that the card is still good for the next segment before the end of each segment. During the Covid processing days we were given paper wrist bands to wear to allow us to skip the processing to get back on the ship.  I found that on turn around days it paid to go to the Compass Rose for breakfast if you did not have an early shore tour and I tried to stay out of the way of the people cleaning the rooms.  One problem I had with the on line lifeboat drill was that it took me two times of watching the safety video before I was able to convince the system to allow me to have control back for the TV.  I also will add that I have always arranged on the back to back cruises to have the same room, I have visions of forgetting and going to the wrong room after some of the late night entertainment when I am half asleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have taken a number of B2B and B2B2B cruises and the only time I can remember going through customs while remaining on ship was at the port in Los Angeles - since Regent had scheduled a full day tour for those remaining on board, we were the first to go through immigration. On every other cruise, the only difference is that the rooms expecting new guests were serviced first, other than that, as others have mentioned, it is a normal cruise day.

If available, I also strongly suggest eating breakfast in Compass Rose or ordering room service if planning to leave the ship early for an excursion or other plans you may have in port.

Suite cards remain the same unless you are changing rooms.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dbali said:

Do we have to get off, go through customs, and get new suite key cards?  Do we have to stay out of our rooms until all  cabins are cleaned?  Any information  will be appreciated.

Thanks.

As mentioned above, some ports may require that you get off and clear immigration, though that will be rare. U.S. ports are the most notorious for this—and for requiring that the entire ship be cleared before anyone can get back on. If you are talking about the 2024 WC, the only segment turnaround in the U.S. is between the first and second, which clears in San Francisco. It will be up to the CBP office there as to whether they’ll require a full clearance.  The other turnaround ports seem unlikely to have this requirement, but I can’t be sure.

No need to stay out until all cabins are cleaned. For world cruisers, it’s just another day as far as cleaning is concerned.

Because the WC initially sold out (they only opened up segments to sell once they started getting the inevitable cancellations), I think it’s safe to assume that full cruisers will be in the majority. I have been on grand voyages—including one last year—in which full cruisers were in the distinct minority, but Regent made sure that we were as little inconvenienced as possible on turnaround days.

• Like 1

When we have been on a B2B, on the turnaround day I always tell our room stewards that I will leave our Privacy sign out all day. They have so much to do I like to do a little something to help out. They then come in while we are out to dinner and have the room nice and tidy for bedtime. They have been very appreciative of this gesture.

• Like 1