Please explain Privee on Vista

Rainbow3fe

Hi Oceania Cruisers, 

I don't understand the how Vista's new private dinner spaces work.  Please let me know about Privee and the other small dining rooms. 

Does anyone know the additional costs?  How they're booked? Any other details.

Thanks 😎🌻

Privee will be where the Wine Spectator and Dom dinners are served, for up to 10. The Semi-Private dining rooms in Polo, Toscana and maybe Red Ginger are bookable for Wine Pairing dinners I believe, 8-10 guests. We did dine in Privee as a guest when we were aboard and it was a  GREAT Dinner AND BEAUTIFUL setting. I usually book thru my TA or contact Oceania directly to make a reservation. A great way to rid yourself of any excess SBC 🤪👍

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi Oceania Cruisers, 

I don't understand the how Vista's new private dinner spaces work.  Please let me know about Privee and the other small dining rooms. 

Does anyone know the additional costs?  How they're booked? Any other details.

Thanks 😎🌻

After 14 days aboard Vista, it’s still confusing. We weren’t allowed to book in advanced. You have to book Privee once aboard. Some nights are reserved for specific La Reserve wine dinners. Some for senior staff dinners. 

They advertise it for eight (8) , but may have ten at the dinner. If they don’t get eight to sign up, they cancel event. 

I believe this Privee on Vista is a work in progress. Currents says to talk to the Reservation Desk for information. I did, and still left with questions.

In the PG and Toscana they run special wine dinners. See Currents for dates and details. On other nights the room can be booked for groups of 10, but not the wine dinners as explained to me. They only are staffed to do wine dinners on nights advertised.

Good Luck. If interested in anything, my recommendation is to sit down with the dinner reservation person on Deck 5 as soon as possible to explore options.

Sadly, all these options appear after initial Specialty reservations are made ! 🙄

• Thanks 1

Privée is used for the La Reserve dinners (Odyssey and Dom Perignon Experience).

The private areas in Toscana and Polo Grill (not in Red Ginger or Ember) can be "rented" but you need to spend at least 300 USD per dinner. Those two dining areas are more or less open to the restaurant while Privée is closed. Privée is at the aft between Polo Grill and Toscana. The private areas are next to the entrance of the two restaurants.

Ember is hosting the new Wine Pairing Lunches.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Privée is used for the La Reserve dinners (Odyssey and Dom Perignon Experience).

The private areas in Toscana and Polo Grill (not in Red Ginger or Ember) can be "rented" but you need to spend at least 300 USD per dinner. Those two dining areas are more or less open to the restaurant while Privée is closed. Privée is at the aft between Polo Grill and Toscana. The private areas are next to the entrance of the two restaurants.

Ember is hosting the new Wine Pairing Lunches.

steamboats

Thank you but I still don't understand what it means. Is there a link to where we can read an explanation?  In 2024, on our 10th Oceania we have our first PH booking.  We thought about trying something new and don't understand the experience. 

@Rainbow3fe you can see photos of Privée onboard Vista here. Odyssey and the Dom Perignon Experience are two multi course dinners with a wine pairing (for an extra fee and not included in your cruise fare).

Onboard Riviera and Marina La Reserve is an extra room with an open kitchen. You can see photos here including photos of the menu. We did the La Reserve Odyssey menu onboard Marina (photos can be seen here when you scroll down).

Onboard Marina/Riviera Privée was used as private dining room which can be booked by groups (but you have to spend a certain amount). Onboard Vista Privée is now used for the two La Reserve dinners. You might be able to book them online in advance. They are not held every night and book out fast.

You will find some more information on the Oceania website.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Thank you but I still don't understand what it means. Is there a link to where we can read an explanation?  In 2024, on our 10th Oceania we have our first PH booking.  We thought about trying something new and don't understand the experience. 

This  for VISTA only 

I do not believe from other posting you can pre book

so wait until you are onboard 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

This  for VISTA only 

This is correct!! Bookings for Privee on Vista can only be done once aboard. 

Consult the Dining Reservations Desk on Deck 5 to learn your options and availability during your cruise segment. This is the same for the private rooms in PG and Toscana. 

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

@Rainbow3fe you can see photos of Privée onboard Vista here. Odyssey and the Dom Perignon Experience are two multi course dinners with a wine pairing (for an extra fee and not included in your cruise fare).

Onboard Riviera and Marina La Reserve is an extra room with an open kitchen. You can see photos here including photos of the menu. We did the La Reserve Odyssey menu onboard Marina (photos can be seen here when you scroll down).

Onboard Marina/Riviera Privée was used as private dining room which can be booked by groups (but you have to spend a certain amount). Onboard Vista Privée is now used for the two La Reserve dinners. You might be able to book them online in advance. They are not held every night and book out fast.

You will find some more information on the Oceania website.

steamboats

Oh Boy. The info is in Dutch or German.🎶  I know about Marina & Riviera but never dined with a group.  The Vista appears to have something special.  I appreciate your patience. 😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe

Just now, Rainbow3fe said:

Hysterical that the info is in Dutch.

Steamboats did a very long and inclusive review of VISTA from her cruise and shared with all of us.  It is noted that the review is in German but it translates to English very easily.  If you note, they are from Germany so their native language...

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

This  for VISTA only 

Thank you. 🌻I had a feeling. I hoped people who were on Vista already knew exactly how it worked.😎

18 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Thank you. 🌻I had a feeling. I hoped people who were on Vista already knew exactly how it worked.😎

@cruisingxpert  did post in  one of her threads  about it & the dinners in Polo & Toscana private rooms  with menus & pricing

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Oh Boy. The info is in Dutch or German.🎶  I know about Marina & Riviera but never dined with a group.  The Vista appears to have something special.  I appreciate your patience. 😎

It's German 😉 - that's why I said "photos". But usually Google translate works pretty well for a translation of my text. Anyway I think the photos should do it.

steamboats 

• Thanks 1