Onbard Credit v. Excursion Credit

ChicagoGasman

First time Azamara cruiser coming up in August, 2023 on the Journey.  When we booked we took advantage of $1,000 on board credit offer.  Since booking, we reserved $1,002 of excursions presuming that our $1,000 on board credit was used to :"pay" for these.  Now we'd like to add the Indulgence package which includes $700 of excursion credits.  If we do nothing, will our existing $1,002 shore excursions be "paid for" by the newly acquired $700 shore excursion credits with the $302 balance being "paid for" using a portion of the $1,000 on board credit leaving us with $698 of unused on board credits?  

If this is not the case, will Azamara allow us to cancel existing excursions and re book them immediately being "paid for" by the newly acquired $700 excursion credits first and balance of $1,000 on board credits second?  

We don't plan on any additional excursions, so I'd like to be able to use that $698 for on board purchases.  Any additional thoughts you have on this situation is appreciated.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

In the past it’s been possible once onboard to cancel excursions and rebook using OBC.

We have been trying to convert our already-paid-for shorex to OBC. But the rep said that to do that, we must cancel the shorex and then rebook with their *brand new* online system. Fine BUT! She said there's a high likelihood that those are already waitlisted. (PS, very limited options in some ports: EVERYONE wants the sole excursion to Troy, for instance). So if we cancel, it will instantly be reassigned to the first person on the waitlist & then we've lost our spot. To make it work, it must be done on the phone with the rep. BUT she will ONLY work with our TA, not us directly. Or, she said, go stand in line at the shorex desk once aboard and have them do the conversions. Yeah, no. We'll let our fabulous TA make the conversions for us.

Edited by sofietucker

12 hours ago, sofietucker said:

We have been trying to convert our already-paid-for shorex to OBC. But the rep said that to do that, we must cancel the shorex and then rebook with their *brand new* online system. Fine BUT! She said there's a high likelihood that those are already waitlisted. (PS, very limited options in some ports: EVERYONE wants the sole excursion to Troy, for instance). So if we cancel, it will instantly be reassigned to the first person on the waitlist & then we've lost our spot. To make it work, it must be done on the phone with the rep. BUT she will ONLY work with our TA, not us directly. Or, she said, go stand in line at the shorex desk once aboard and have them do the conversions. Yeah, no. We'll let our fabulous TA make the conversions for us.

Standing in the line is really not an issue. I've never waited more than 10 minutes. However, this recently  happened to me, and  ShoreEx said that one way to prevent my space being reassigned, was to transfer the form of payment AFTER the tour (check this before).  So I went on the tour, and just made the exchange (via the drop box, so no wait). The credit charge was applied to my account and refunded to my card at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Standing in the line is really not an issue. I've never waited more than 10 minutes. However, this recently  happened to me, and  ShoreEx said that one way to prevent my space being reassigned, was to transfer the form of payment AFTER the tour (check this before).  So I went on the tour, and just made the exchange (via the drop box, so no wait). The credit charge was applied to my account and refunded to my card at the end of the cruise. 

Wow.Good to know! Thanks

On 7/2/2023 at 3:36 PM, harrodsfan said:

I have waited far longer than ten minutes many times! 

I tend to go first thing in the morning or in the late afternoon hours (5-7 pm).  If I see a long line, I just come back later.  Plus there is a drop box.  I never wait more than 10 minutes. 

On 7/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, Leo_On_Geo said:

I tend to go first thing in the morning or in the late afternoon hours (5-7 pm).  If I see a long line, I just come back later.  Plus there is a drop box.  I never wait more than 10 minutes. 

Hoping Az is different, but in our experience of other lines, on port days, the shorex desk is pretty much only staffed after sailaway, when we're trying to dress for dinner, etc. (This is a personal gripe of mine, about which nothing can be done.) Since this upcoming cruise has *no* sea days among 9 ports, looks like the drop box will be our new best friend!