Aurora's 65 day adventure. Booking.

Son of Bare

Can anyone help...

When booking one of these whilst onboard another cruise, how much deposit do PO require?

Most cruises are £50 pp but I think a larger deposit may be required for a world cruise or the grand adventure cruise.

24 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Can anyone help...

When booking one of these whilst onboard another cruise, how much deposit do PO require?

Most cruises are £50 pp but I think a larger deposit may be required for a world cruise or the grand adventure cruise.

Normal deposits are required for this cruise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Can anyone help...

Yes, as previously posted that cruise will need the standard deposit, but not sure if you still get some extra OBC.

The £50 deposit works for the 35 night cruises, and others in the standard brochure release, but ones that are considered to be world cruises or other longer cruises are not available on that offer.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Can anyone help...

I have seen a few facebook posts where people have had to pay 5% deposit when booking onboard for shorter cruises. I have only ever paid £50 even for 35 nights and less but led to believe that higher deposits are required for longer cruises.Offers do vary when aboard with significant amounts of OBC added.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have seen a few facebook posts where people have had to pay 5% deposit when booking onboard for shorter cruises. I have only ever paid £50 even for 35 nights and less but led to believe that higher deposits are required for longer cruises.Offers do vary when aboard with significant amounts of OBC added.

That is interesting, people had got used to the £50 deposit, so will be a big loss if it now becomes 5% for some or all shorter cruises.  Sounds like P&O have realised with such a small deposit people are likely to cancel and re-book when better prices are introduced, or cancel altogether if they have second thoughts.  As you say though iffers have always varied and after all 5% is not that bad..

The Americans regularly seem to book a few cruises, then cancel of ones they decide not to do before non refundable payments need to be made, because they can get a full refund on deposits until a certain date, though I believe that depends on which state they reside.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

That is interesting, people had got used to the £50 deposit, so will be a big loss if it now becomes 5% for some or all shorter cruises.  Sounds like P&O have realised with such a small deposit people are likely to cancel and re-book when better prices are introduced, or cancel altogether if they have second thoughts.  As you say though iffers have always varied and after all 5% is not that bad..

The Americans regularly seem to book a few cruises, then cancel of ones they decide not to do before non refundable payments need to be made, because they can get a full refund on deposits until a certain date, though I believe that depends on which state they reside.

Have I dreamt it, or are there new deposits for on board bookings, I thought it saw £50pp for cruises up to 14 days, £100pp up to 35 days and £150 pp over that.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Have I dreamt it, or are there new deposits for on board bookings, I thought it saw £50pp for cruises up to 14 days, £100pp up to 35 days and £150 pp over that.

Not quite right  See this thread #8, although I still think it is full deposit on very long cruises. 
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2945631-booking-next-cruise-on-ship/#comment-65612217

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We booked 4 cruises on board Aurora in May, 2 -16 day and 2 -19 day each required a deposit of £150.00 per person, Was told that it had changed at the end of April 2023

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

We booked 4 cruises on board Aurora in May, 2 -16 day and 2 -19 day each required a deposit of £150.00 per person, Was told that it had changed at the end of April 2023

They seem to change like the wind!  Booked two Britannia 14  night cruises whilst onboard Arvia in May, £50 deposit each plus extra £100obc.  

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Last month (June) we were charged £150 pp deposit for a 21 night cruise, was told that the £50 was for shorter cruises. In the past World cruise segments have been except from onboard deposit offers.

Edited by Bill Y

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

All the longer cruises( beyond 40 nights ) either booked onboard or by any other means have always cost us the full deposit ,and an 18 night cruise booked for 2025 also required the full deposit

We got a 35 night Jan 25 Iona cruise for £50pp in October last year, plus the launch 10% discount.