Why No ice buckets on Carnival Venezia

phoneman69

With or without a bucket, you can get free ice delivered (except for tip) from room service 24x7. Try getting ice from a cabin steward 24x7. The zip bags used by room service are vastly superior to ordinary store bought ziplocks. If you ever have eaten a soggy sandwich that was in a regular ziplock bag in a cooler, you'll know why. I would not depend on regular ziplocks (or freezer or whatever).

Going forward, I think I will continue to order ice from room service. It is an improvement.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rubberband1293 said:

Why don't you just ask for it?  If I need towels, I ask for them.  If I need an extra beach towel, I ask for it.  If I want a fan, I ask for it.  If I need more shampoo or body wash, I ask for it. . . . . . Why is it such a big issue?  Or am I missing something?  

People have asked for ice and ice buckets as they do anything else they need. But many reported not being able to get one or both on various Venezia sailings.

So I was merely asking for an update to see if the issue had been resolved. I am on in a few weeks and simply trying to get prepared. 

On 7/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, carol louise said:

so we brought insulated mugs and my early-rising husband threw on some clothes and brought back coffee from the Lido to enjoy on our balcony.

We started doing that on our last cruise. Picked up a small thermos that holds about three or four cups of coffee from Amazon. I'm nearly always up early and would make the run to the Lido to fill it. 

• Like 3

Seeing as how it entered service with Italian cruise line Costa and the fact that the Italians, and pretty much all of Europe has a disdain of ice as I learned on my recent visit to Italy, Greece and Croatia it wouldn't surprise me if it never had ice buckets when it entered service initially!

On 7/17/2023 at 6:12 AM, MediumB said:

Seeing as how it entered service with Italian cruise line Costa and the fact that the Italians, and pretty much all of Europe has a disdain of ice as I learned on my recent visit to Italy, Greece and Croatia it wouldn't surprise me if it never had ice buckets when it entered service initially!

Now that Carnival is servicing a different market with this ship don't they need to adapt ?

5 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Now that Carnival is servicing a different market with this ship don't they need to adapt ?

I have no doubt that Carnival is, or will have ice buckets on the ship, but Carnival has plenty of other ships with the real funnel. Nobody should book a Carnival, Italian Style cruise expecting a regular Carnival experience. It is the customer who needs to adapt.

• Like 1