Westerdam Crows Nest Puzzles and Games

cruisn71

Does the Westerdam have a puzzle and games area in the Crows Nest?  If so, what is the selection of puzzles and games?  In the past we have seen some ships only having the official boring puzzles supplied by HAL and other ships having passenger supplied puzzles.  It would be great to know if passenger supplied puzzles are available.

Thank you

There is a puzzle and games section in the Crows Nest on Westerdam. Having said that, I've no idea what specific puzzles or games they have -- never used the area, just passed by it. I know they have mah jong sets; you can hear the "slap-slap-slap" of the tiles throughout the whole space. There were a number of different puzzles on the tables being assembled over the course of 28 days. The ones I noticed seemed to be of places of natural beauty or famous sites.

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

There is a puzzle and games section in the Crows Nest on Westerdam. Having said that, I've no idea what specific puzzles or games they have -- never used the area, just passed by it. I know they have mah jong sets; you can hear the "slap-slap-slap" of the tiles throughout the whole space. There were a number of different puzzles on the tables being assembled over the course of 28 days. The ones I noticed seemed to be of places of natural beauty or famous sites.

The descriptions of the puzzles are helpful.  It seems like they allow unofficial puzzles.  Thank you very much!

Who can focus enough to actually complete a large puzzle? With those amazing views, I would be looking out the window all the time, lol. I seriously lose all track of time in the Crow's Nest taking in the AK beauty; hours go by without me realizing. 

• Like 2

I was on the Westerdam June 18 for a week to Alaska.  They do have many games in the Crows Nest to borrow.  The Crossword puzzles and Sudoko are printed and available at the guest services desk.  We had several days of the same Sudoko puzzle.  Seems they are not updated on a daily basis.  

The Mah Jong sets were in the room (in a closet) that was scheduled for Mah Jong play at 1:00. (Can't remember the name of the room near the shops).   You do have to confirm the sets are complete prior to playing.  There were several sets there, yet were very mixed up.  Let the games begin!!!

22 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Who can focus enough to actually complete a large puzzle? With those amazing views, I would be looking out the window all the time, lol. I seriously lose all track of time in the Crow's Nest taking in the AK beauty; hours go by without me realizing. 

We are doing the trans Pacific in October.  We will have plenty of time for puzzles.  We have also seen all the Step One shows many times so we need something to do in the evenings.  I am pretty sure I have listened to all the sets of the Rolling Stone Rock Room multiple times.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, highscar said:

I think I will bring and donate a jig saw puzzle. It was a gift but any time I tried to do it my cat decided to play hockey with the pieces. The score, cat 1000 me 0.  

Funny off topic cat story - I was responding to a cruise post when the cat jumped on my tablet hitting the "report" button so OP got flagged. I felt so bad and instantly sent an email letting hist know what happened and that I had no issues with OP.

Sometimes cats are a bother, lol.

I think I will take a couple puzzles to donate.