hotel options for Cape Liberty, NJ?

craig01020

Good morning. I will be traveling from Mass. via Amtrak for a Bermuda cruise leaving from Cape Liberty, NJ.  Planning to stay the night before at either: #1: Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport or #2: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station. The latter is attractive because I can just walk from Moynihan Train Hall to the hotel.

Are both hotels about the same travel time to Cape Liberty?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Good morning. I will be traveling from Mass. via Amtrak for a Bermuda cruise leaving from Cape Liberty, NJ.  Planning to stay the night before at either: #1: Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport or #2: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station. The latter is attractive because I can just walk from Moynihan Train Hall to the hotel.

Are both hotels about the same travel time to Cape Liberty?

Thanks!

No, they are nowhere near the same travel time to Cape Liberty and you'd take Amtrak to different  stations to get to each.

The first hotel, Embassy Suites is in New Jersey, not very far from Cape Liberty. You would take Amtrak to Newark Penn Station.

The second hotel is in New York City. You would take Amtrak to New York Penn Station, then you'll have to travel to New Jersey the morning of your cruise embarkation. 

If you want to spend some time in Manhattan to sightsee then stay in Manhattan. If you just want someplace to stay for the night then stay in New Jersey.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The first hotel, Embassy Suites is in New Jersey, not very far from Cape Liberty. You would take Amtrak to Newark Penn Station.

To your point the OP, unless wanting to tour Manhattan the night before, could be well served taking Amtrak through NYC and to Newark Penn. Then there is the Doubletree by Hilton literally attached to Newark Penn Station. In the morning Cape Liberty is a short Uber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1