Walking in Seattle

Along Elliot , through the Sculpture Park and up to the Center, during the day, it is fine.  During summer this is a busy, popular area.  You will see the same mix of people you see in any city urban area, vacationers locals and people down on their luck.

It's the long way around, but I recommend walking to the Westlake Center and taking the Monorail to the Seattle Center.  It's a neat ride and Chihuly Garden and Glass is a short walk from the Monorail station.  Saves you the uphill walk.

• Like 1

September 2022 I took a taxi to Chihuly Garden area. Was there for a long time! Then walked back to the hotel. From Chihuly I walked to the monorail got off and then walked back to the hotel 

Edited by Wasasalad
Add

On 7/3/2023 at 5:25 AM, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Am staying an extra day in Seattle and plan to visit the Chihuly Garen and Glass Museum. Is it safe for a woman alone to walk from the Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel to the Chihuly Museum? Thanks.

There will be a free Waterfront Shuttle that runs past the Marriott. In the past it went from Pioneer Square, along the waterfront and then up to the Seattle Center. It was canceled during covid and will be in service on July 17, 2023.

https://seattlewaterfront.org/free-seattle-waterfront-shuttle/

• Thanks 1