Are there still sharing tables or a casualty of covid?

latebuyer

I'd call again and ask for a table for 2 to be specified.  Another agent might be more helpful.  If not, yes, go to the main dining room when you get on board and ask for one so that you can have the same table & waiters each night.

We rarely eat in the dining room anymore--it's usually specialty dining or the Lido--but if we do go there, we've never had trouble getting a table for 2 last minute, but we do eat pretty early to get it out of the way so we can enjoy the evening.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:31 PM, JeffElizabeth said:

For a while on HAL, we would have a ship's officer join our big table for an evening meal. We really enjoyed that and they even supplied the wine.  Do they still do this since the pandemic? One cruise we got to talk to the purser,  it was interesting hearing about the challenges of his job. 

I also commented on that recently.  There were always a few evenings (in fixed dining only) where various officers "hosted" tables.  I honestly can't remember if it was the pandemic that put an end to that or if it was another of Ashford's "cost-saving" changes.  But I really miss it!

• Like 2

We have always enjoyed dining at a large table.  Very congenial people. Except our first cruise, on the “new Rotterdam” in 1998.  I asked the gentleman seated next to me what he did for a living.  He gave me a very mean look and didn’t answer.  I thought “drug dealer, weapons dealer”?
He and he wife didn’t return the next night, but we got two lovely and fun ladies who were running the bridge tournament on board. You’d have thought I asked him did he wear tighty whities or boxers!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cruising on a Sunday afte said:

I asked the gentleman seated next to me what he did for a living.  He gave me a very mean look and didn’t answer.  I thought “drug dealer, weapons dealer”?
He and he wife didn’t return the next night, but we got two lovely and fun ladies who were running the bridge tournament on board.

Aren't you glad you asked the question! Had you not asked, you might have been stuck with him for the entire cruise.
You got lucky.