Gone Caribe review

huntr104

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing another review with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

huntr104 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

After reading all the positive reviews about Gone Caribe I booked an excursion with them.  We were in Curacao on June 26th and met up with Joseph at Starbucks to get our tour started.  We were really happy that we finally made it because before we left there were a couple tropical storms in the area and the night before we had a woman fall overboard but she was rescued and we made it to Curacao on time!

We left Starbucks and drove about a half hour to Shete Boka National Park.  We saw water crashing at Boka Pistol and a cave that the water comes into, while driving there Joseph gave us the history of the island and was super nice and informative.  Next stop was Playa Piskado which was a small beach where local fisherman used to clean their daily catch and this is why the turtles come here.  We snorkeled with turtles for over an hour,  it was awesome.  Crystal clear waters, tons of fish and lots of turtles swiming by.  It was my kids favorite part.  There is a place to grab snacks and drinks and a couple local women had souvenir stands there as well.  Next stop was a small beautiful beach where you could cliff jump or grab a couple lounge chairs and hang out on the beach or go swimming.  We did swim and snorkel here but this isn't a great place to snorkel because theres not much coral or structure for the fish to hang around.  The beach was beautiful though, calm and crystal clear.  It was called Playa Kenepa Grandi.  There was also a place for food and drinks here too.  The entire tour was around 6 1/2 to 7 hours from pick up to drop off.  Next time we're in Curacao we'll definitly book with them again but I would swap out the National park for more time at the beach or to use that time to stroll around town.  

Joseph was one of the nicest people I've met and he really wants you to have a good time.  

• Like 2