Footwear for MDR

CruiserN1

1 hour ago, trvlwrld said:

Princess is moving away from catering to their older demographic, but unfortunately they have forgotten to also move their outdated dress code language😂

This being about, "Footwear For MDR," and the "outdated" dress code saying shoes must be worn, then you are saying that footwear should be optional in the MDR? Surely you didn't mean that.

Princess does right by putting in writing that something be worn to protect the feet in the MDR.

The older demographic has common sense to wear footwear around broken glass remanents, regardless of written policy. The younger demographic often demonstrates in the news that they don't have any common sense and need a written policy. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, CruiserN1 said:

I am rehabbing a hip injury and can't walk very far wearing anything other than tennis shoes/trainers/sneakers without aggravating it. We leave July 14 on Crown to Alaska. Will there be an issue if I wear athletic footwear to the MDR for dinner? (Not trying to start a debate about proper dress, just want to make sure I'm prepared).

Nobody is going to say anything to you.  Enjoy your cruise

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 1:57 PM, rbtan said:

Thev only thing I would say is try wearing sneakers that don't stand out.Try to get something that "goes" with your outfit rather than sneakers that shout "Look at me".(referring to the sneakers, not the person)

Ok fashion queen.   He can wear what he want

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, CruiserN1 said:

I am rehabbing a hip injury and can't walk very far wearing anything other than tennis shoes/trainers/sneakers without aggravating it. We leave July 14 on Crown to Alaska. Will there be an issue if I wear athletic footwear to the MDR for dinner? (Not trying to start a debate about proper dress, just want to make sure I'm prepared).

The Princess staff will not care what type of shoe you are wearing in the MDR. Breakfast, lunch or supper. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

After breaking my ankle on the first day of a 31 day cruise, I wore an orthopedic boot on my right foot and an LL Bean "wicked good" hard soled fleece slipper on my left for everything except going ashore.  Then I wore the ortho boot and a hiking boot.  No one gave two figs, and this was on HAL, not Princess.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. The athetic shoe I need to wear is a very specific pair of New Balance that have a ton of support in the heel and arch. I don't typically wear black clothing, so I bought them in a white with grey accents. They are nearly new and very clean and I shall wear them without fear of scorn in the MDR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

Thanks everyone. The athetic shoe I need to wear is a very specific pair of New Balance that have a ton of support in the heel and arch. I don't typically wear black clothing, so I bought them in a white with grey accents. They are nearly new and very clean and I shall wear them without fear of scorn in the MDR. 

Have a fabulous time!  

• Like 1