Time for a 12 day Scandinavian cruise out of Dover om the Carnival Pride

jimbo5544

A couple of points of interest before we head for dinner.  First, the upgraded internet.  I had read (or saw) online that the Pride was one of the first ships to get the new system.  As I normally do, I get the premium package, we still have to do travel business while we travel and time, and the amount of it takes to handle issues and problems can sometimes be an issue.  This has not been an issue.  The speed is quite exceptional.  At some point, I will do a speed test.

The weather has been exceptional as well.  Hope that does not throw a jinx on the remainder of the trip, but it has flat put amazing.  The last is the seas.  I was not sure what to expect,  but again, pleasantly surprised.  

• Like 3

Kiel Germany is the busiest Locke system in the world.  Completed in 1913 (the timing is not a coincidence) it allowed Germanys Navy to circumvent having to sail by Denmark and made the entry into WWI much easier.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, legospice said:

@jimbo5544 How's things at the moment?

Someone just posted in one of my groups for the July 30th sailing saying that his brother is on the ship now and it felt like it hit something?

I hope he was wrong and you are all OK.

At dinner,  def had the props do a hard bang and then continued heavy hard gyrations.  We have turned back to Kiel.  The Captain just came on an said there was a propulsion issue and they were assessing the situation.  We were headed north east and now headed sw at about 7 knots.  Typical azipod noises.  Will check out the aft churn later.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

We enjoyed listening to them last month - in fact, we spent most evenings in Red Frog (the exception being their night off when they moved karaoke in - just not our thing.)

She has a good voice, lead guitarist has a unique voice.  Most talented without a doubt in keyboard guy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

At dinner,  def had the props do a hard bang and then continued heavy hard gyrations.  We have turned back to Kiel.  The Captain just came on an said there was a propulsion issue and they were assessing the situation.  We were headed north east and now headed sw at about 7 knots.  Typical azipod noises.  Will check out the aft churn later.  

I'll keep everything crossed for ya that they can fix it and not impact your cruise too much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legospice said:

I'll keep everything crossed for ya that they can fix it and not impact your cruise too much.

Ship map says 2.9 still headed in the directions of port back we used for Berlin.  Party hardy atmosphere on ship.  No word from Captain yet.  

• Like 5

It is currently 5:15 am.  We have no propulsion (or at least not moving).  Last night we only had the port engine and then vibrations appeared with that see pic) and shortly after that they ***** it down also.  We are in calm seas. Nothing from the Captain after the first announcement.  Expect an interesting morning.  

IMG_6431.jpeg

IMG_6432.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is currently 5:15 am.  We have no propulsion (or at least not moving).  Last night we only had the port engine and then vibrations appeared with that see pic) and shortly after that they ***** it down also.  We are in calm seas. Nothing from the Captain after the first announcement.  Expect an interesting morning.  

IMG_6431.jpeg

IMG_6432.jpeg

Fingers crossed for you all.  I was following because I will be on the Pride in a month, but my concerns now are that you all are safe (sounds like you are) and are able to return home without too much drama. Good luck!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OneLuckyMom said:

Fingers crossed for you all.  I was following because I will be on the Pride in a month, but my concerns now are that you all are safe (sounds like you are) and are able to return home without too much drama. Good luck!

Thanks, other than not moving, the ship is quite normal.  Full power etc.

• Like 5