Time for a 12 day Scandinavian cruise out of Dover om the Carnival Pride

jimbo5544

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks, while it was one hectic day, the trip was fantastic.  I would sign up for it again even if I knew the same thing was going to happen.  As it turned out, our least favorite port was Stockholm, so missing Gothensburg seemed OK.  Currently in heated discussion about doing another one next year.  We have traveled a lot (have Legend Greenland coming up next month, then land trip to Portugal, France and Spain in October, then Horizon in November, the Celebrity Antartica in January, the Celebration in Feb, and again in August and Holy Land trip in October) and by better half wants to take a break.  My head is still in catch up mode for losing 19 months….  We will see who wins.

If you write a review for the Celebrity Antarctica cruise, please post a link here.  It's on my bucket list!😊 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

If you write a review for the Celebrity Antarctica cruise, please post a link here.  It's on my bucket list!😊 

I def will do one and will post a link here.  My better half won out on this trip.  The other consideration was a Patagonia cruise that sailed from Buenes Aires to Santiago Chile.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 8:13 AM, ninjacat123 said:

If you are going to cruise to Antarctica, do a real Antarctica cruise on an expedition ship! Only 100 people are allowed on Antarctica at a time (by international treaty), so large cruise ships (like Celebrity, NCL, etc) do not allow you to disembark in Antarctica. Waste of time, if you ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️ You will literally just do scenic cruising and never step foot on Antarctica!

I did Albatros Expeditions on Ocean Victory in December 2021 - it was awesome!!! 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gabbygal99 said:

If you are going to cruise to Antarctica, do a real Antarctica cruise on an expedition ship! Only 100 people are allowed on Antarctica at a time (by international treaty), so large cruise ships (like Celebrity, NCL, etc) do not allow you to disembark in Antarctica. Waste of time, if you ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️ You will literally just do scenic cruising and never step foot on Antarctica!

I did Albatros Expeditions on Ocean Victory in December 2021 - it was awesome!!! 

I cannot argue the difference, but also apples and oranges in price.  That said, for us, it was much more than Antarctica, but the whole cruise.  If we were doing an expedition to Antartica, I would be traveling alone.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Haha 2