Fabulous snorkeling adventure with Sea Cow Snorkeling Bonaire

Manatee Man

My wife and I booked an excursion on Bonaire with Sea Cow in June 2023. We booked through TripAdvisor.com. I believe all 20 snorkeling participants were traveling with us on the Celebrity Equinox. The Sea Cow owners Arno and Joyce run an excellent operation, and we hope to join them on future trips to Bonaire.
First: the boat: It was clean and well maintained. Comfortable seating was available for all passengers, which included both couples and families. Non-disposable cups were provided to minimize trash, and cup holders were conveniently located. Access to and from the water was easy.
Next: the snorkel: The passengers were divided into three groups, each with their own guide. During the short trip to Klein Bonaire, Joyce gave a good safety lecture. She also explained that because we would be participating in drift snorkels, Arno would pilot the boat to our take-out points. Once in the water, our guide, Sandra, did a great job of both ensuring our safety, and also pointing out and describing fish and coral of interest. Snorkeling highlights included abundant fish life, including the largest porcupine fish we've ever seen. Sandra was obviously passionate about ensuring we got the most from our time in the water. Another passion of hers and the crew was the Coral Renewal Bonaire project, and Sandra showed us several places where coral is being regenerated.
Between dives, we were treated to wonderful gingerbread, sugar bread, and non-alcoholic beverages. A highlight of our second snorkel was running into two turtles swimming together.
Finally: the return trip: During our return, more delicious food was offered, and this time, rum punch was added to the drink menu. Arno maneuvered the boat to a dock near the cruise ship, so only a short walk was required.
My wife and I have participated in several recent snorkeling adventures. Sea Cow is by far the best operation we've experienced.

• Like 3