Which shows are PG13 on Scarlet Lady 4 day Fire and Sunset?

basketballdad

On 7/6/2023 at 11:16 PM, basketballdad said:

Hey to each there own, we just like to avoid R rated entertainment, and just need to know what shows are more on the PG 13 side, on the Miami, Key West, Beach Club 4 day cruise on the Scarlet Lady.  What shows would fit this bill?  TIA!

Hello there - here's a quick rundown. 

Duel Reality - This is a Contemporary Circus show with lots of impressive acrobatics and is loosely based on Romeo & Juliet. This would be rated G unless the cast yells out a cuss word or 2 when the 2 sides are "fighting" (different casts play it a little differently). This is also an INCREDIBLE show - you do not want to miss it! 

Ships in the Night - This is a Dance based production show with lots of amazing choreagrophy, very cool lighting and video tech. and some live singing.  The singer, when I saw the show, was somewhat gender-fluid and wore both male and female outfits in different parts of the show.  But the show would be rated PG and the only reason I say it's PG is because they cuss out Facebook (and who can blame them! haha.)  

Ship Show (Dinner Show) - This is a classic variety show / supper club type of experience with an MC, Live band, and variety acts like acrobats, contortionists, etc.  The MC / Comedian makes some raunchy jokes. I would say PG-13.  Some of the acrobatic acts are played a little bit sexy.. it will depend on the exact cast you see. But I don't remember anything R rated. 

Untitled Dance Party - This one might not be your style.  There is no nudity but depending on the cast there can be some pretty over-the-top dancing and there is lots of language. It's not really my thing but I somehow really like it cause it's just fun so maybe give it a try? It's not a seated show so it's very easy to leave if you don't like it. You stand in the room like a club and the performers dance on various stages all around you and eventually, the whole thing turns into a dance party. 

Scarlet Night Entertainment - The entertainment for Scarlet Night is very fun. Some performers will wear some flamboyant / sexy outfits but nothing too crazy. The pool party is super fun and again... a little bit of sexy dancing but nothing past PG or PG13. 

The "Festival Entertainment" in the Manor will be guest entertainers like comedians / magicians. They may have some more Adult humor but nothing worse than I've heard on Celebrity during adult comedy shows. 

And all of the music throughout the ship is great - I've seen some TRULY incredible musicians on Virgin, way better than your typical cruise ship music. Make sure to check them all out. 

I've seen more LGBT stuff on Celebrity than Virgin....  Virgin is super chill and laid back - you'll have a great time! 

• Like 3

I think this discussion just goes to show that two people can go on the exact same cruise and have two totally different experiences either by choice or by perception.  

Bottom line, the only way to genuinely know if you will enjoy something is to try it for yourself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rebeccac said:

I think this discussion just goes to show that two people can go on the exact same cruise and have two totally different experiences either by choice or by perception.  

Bottom line, the only way to genuinely know if you will enjoy something is to try it for yourself.  

I basically agree, but I think that some specific dates seem to have a more "over the top" group of sailors, and some casts are a bit different than others.    

• Like 1

We have not been on Scarlet Lady but we spent two weeks on Resilient Lady.  Based on what OP has stated here, I don't think VV is going to be his cup of tea.  But he won't know unless he tries it.  

7 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

We have not been on Scarlet Lady but we spent two weeks on Resilient Lady.  Based on what OP has stated here, I don't think VV is going to be his cup of tea.  But he won't know unless he tries it.  

The main shows on Resilient Lady (Persephone, Lola’s Library, Miss Behave, Another Rose, Mind Mangler) are completely different to Scarlet Lady (Duel Reality, Ships in the Night, It’s a Ship Show, Untitled Dance Party).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

The main shows on Resilient Lady (Persephone, Lola’s Library, Miss Behave, Another Rose, Mind Mangler) are completely different to Scarlet Lady (Duel Reality, Ships in the Night, It’s a Ship Show, Untitled Dance Party).

Yes, and OP said "Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc"  There is a resident diva on Scarlet Lady, correct?  Maybe you are not aware that some people in America consider drag to be inherently sexual.  Based on what I quoted, OP appears to be one of those people. I live in a state that is trying to ban any and all drag performances.  It's the latest culture war over here.  In my opinion, any one who has a problem with drag is likely to be out of their comfort zone on VV.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

I can't speak for the others, but yes, Miss Behave is definitely R-rated. 

4 hours ago, rebeccac said:

I feel like some people are annoyed by the question and being overly negative towards the OP who asked a very simple and normal question.  I wasn't sure if Virgin would be the right cruise line for me, but I actually find it more chill and laid back than other lines like Celebrity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Yes, and OP said "Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc"  There is a resident diva on Scarlet Lady, correct?

There is sex themed comedy on Celebrity, etc. but it's labeled "Adults only" - it's pretty easy to not attend the Drag events on Virgin.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Yes, and OP said "Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc"  There is a resident diva on Scarlet Lady, correct?  Maybe you are not aware that some people in America consider drag to be inherently sexual.  Based on what I quoted, OP appears to be one of those people. I live in a state that is trying to ban any and all drag performances.  It's the latest culture war over here.  In my opinion, any one who has a problem with drag is likely to be out of their comfort zone on VV.

Yes that’s already been established, there is a drag queen on all three ships and I had assumed the OP wouldn’t be attending any of the drag shows. 

But the OP would probably still enjoy Duel Reality and It’s a Ship Show, maybe Untitled Dance Party, and hopefully the posts above about the content of those shows will help.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Ummm.... you quoted me: Yes, and OP said "Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc"   Where in the world did I say that?

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 9:41 AM, basketballdad said:

Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc... just regular stuff you would see on a regular ship?  Again, to each there own... I am looking for some regular shows.

OP, this is you right?  This is where you said what I quoted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Duel Reality and Ships in the Night you would see on regular ships, Ship Show you would see on regular ships if it was labled "adult" (it's the same type of humor I saw on Celebrity's "Adult" Family Feud game show - so it's still very much regular cruise ship stuff - everything else in the show is typical cruise ship variety show). 

Untitled is the only one that gets a little out there, and that very much depends on the cast.  One of the casts performed it very clean, but another cast went WAY more out there with the suggestive dancing.

I would also say that overall the quality of entertainment on Virgin is SO much better than other cruise lines. This isn't theme park production show quality, this is an entirely different level of entertainment in my opinion.  As I said, Untitled isn't really my style, but it's SO well done that I love it anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aimee0715 said:

OP, this is you right?  This is where you said what I quoted.

They way you parsed it gave the wrong impression in my opinion.  I asked if there were shows that were non-sexual and I was fine if it was there for other people.  Thats all.