Which shows are PG13 on Scarlet Lady 4 day Fire and Sunset?

basketballdad

Hey to each there own, we just like to avoid R rated entertainment, and just need to know what shows are more on the PG 13 side, on the Miami, Key West, Beach Club 4 day cruise on the Scarlet Lady.  What shows would fit this bill?  TIA!

52 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

Hey to each there own, we just like to avoid R rated entertainment, and just need to know what shows are more on the PG 13 side, on the Miami, Key West, Beach Club 4 day cruise on the Scarlet Lady.  What shows would fit this bill?  TIA!

Pretty much everything is PG 13 at this point.  “Never sleep alone” was a one-woman sex themed comedy cabaret, but that ended earlier this year.  There’s a drag show and drag bingo, but both err more on the side of PG 13 than R

26 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc... just regular stuff you would see on a regular ship?  Again, to each there own... I am looking for some regular shows.

There is a drag show with the sort of innuendo you’d expect in a silly drag show. But nothing sexual.

Ships in the Night does feature some scantily clad dancers but it’s not a sexual show. But if males wearing traditionally female style clothing bothers you then that show and a few other times on the voyage might not be for you. During Scarlet Night you may see dancers and circus performers not wearing much or wearing non-gender confirming outfits that reflect their personality.

Duel Reality is a circus show loosely based on Romeo and Juliet and has the leads in lingerie at the climax to the show, but it’s romantic not sexual. Probably the most “traditional” show onboard.

The festival stage guest comedy or magic acts rotate so can’t say, but the comedy might be a little adult. 

VHS (videos/headbands/Simmons) 80s themed workout has a lot of silly innuendo gags.

With Never Sleep Alone not performing there is probably nothing too sexual onboard now, it’s a lot more innuendo.

On Resilient Lady though Lola’s Library does feature some suggestive dancing and burlesque style outfits. But that ships in Athens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

There is a drag show with the sort of innuendo you’d expect in a silly drag show. But nothing sexual.

Ships in the Night does feature some scantily clad dancers but it’s not a sexual show. But if males wearing traditionally female style clothing bothers you then that show and a few other times on the voyage might not be for you. During Scarlet Night you may see dancers and circus performers not wearing much or wearing non-gender confirming outfits that reflect their personality.

Duel Reality is a circus show loosely based on Romeo and Juliet and has the leads in lingerie at the climax to the show, but it’s romantic not sexual. Probably the most “traditional” show onboard.

The festival stage guest comedy or magic acts rotate so can’t say, but the comedy might be a little adult. 

VHS (videos/headbands/Simmons) 80s themed workout has a lot of silly innuendo gags.

With Never Sleep Alone not performing there is probably nothing too sexual onboard now, it’s a lot more innuendo.

On Resilient Lady though Lola’s Library does feature some suggestive dancing and burlesque style outfits. But that ships in Athens.

perfect  this is the info I was looking for... just facts, no judgement.

• Like 1

I would say that the only one totally PG is Dual Reality.  But MOST of what happens on VV is innuendo.

If you look at a lot of the Disney videos from the 1990s, there is a lot of innuendo too--stuff that the kids never got (and weren't intended to), but if you watch it as a 30 year old, you catch it.  For instance, in the opening song of Aladdin, there is a line about the nights being "Hotter than hot in a lot of good ways."  Much of the stuff on VV is at that level or a little worse.  For instance, the ice cream place is called "Lick me Till I Scream"

We found most of the entertainers that rotate on/off to be fairly typical  of a lot of other cruise ships--their costumes were either normal clothing or stuff like funny glasses.  Their jokes were likely what they used on other cruise lines as well.  I don't know if you've ever cruised DCL, but their stuff was on the level of the after 9pm, adult only shows on DCL--a little suggestive, but not outright inappropriate.

• Like 1

To the OP- I’m not trying to put words in your mouth (so please don’t take this the wrong way if I’m reading your question incorrectly) but if you will be at all uncomfortable with drag queens, sexual innuendo and/or sexual fluidity/other possible adult behavior PERHAPS Virgin Voyages is not the cruise line for you?  Yes, you could avoid certain entertainment options but the whole vibe of the crew and some of your fellow passengers could bleed over into territory you MIGHT not be comfortable with?  Again, to each their own, but one of things I love about VV is the adult vibe and the fact that everyone, including the crew are allowed to just be themselves.  But again, I also believe strongly that vacations are for being comfortable and not every line is for every one…thank goodness.  Whatever you decide, hope you have a wonderful time. 🥂

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, chefchick said:

To the OP- I’m not trying to put words in your mouth (so please don’t take this the wrong way if I’m reading your question incorrectly) but if you will be at all uncomfortable with drag queens, sexual innuendo and/or sexual fluidity/other possible adult behavior PERHAPS Virgin Voyages is not the cruise line for you?  Yes, you could avoid certain entertainment options but the whole vibe of the crew and some of your fellow passengers could bleed over into territory you MIGHT not be comfortable with?  Again, to each their own, but one of things I love about VV is the adult vibe and the fact that everyone, including the crew are allowed to just be themselves.  But again, I also believe strongly that vacations are for being comfortable and not every line is for every one…thank goodness.  Whatever you decide, hope you have a wonderful time. 🥂

We are very much aware of what an 18 plus cruise is with no kids... but like all cruises there are things for each group of people.  We are looking for things that fit us, and it appears that there will be lots of things that fit us.  We are heading to a real good time... just like pg over r rated stuff ourselves... heck, up at 5 and in bed by 9 pm might be right up our alley... nothing like a sunrise at sea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is actually plenty to do without the R rated stuff.  I'm pretty naive, conservative, or whatever other word you want.  I had no problem finding stuff that wasn't offensive.  Crew---may have dyed hair, some tats, some piercings but they wont' talk to you about anything you don't initiate.  I never saw any behavior from a Sailor that I haven't seen on Disney.  In fairness, my cruises have all be longer ones; I've read some questionable stuff abut guest behavior on short cruises, but have never seen or experienced any of it.

19 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

You'll need to avoid anything with the Diva (drag queen)....even Bingo will be peppered with innuendo.

To stay on the safe side, your best bet is to enjoy the musical entertainment.

That's pretty much it right there. All the musical entertainment throughout the ship is great.  Duel Reality is the most 'safe' show along with Untitled Dance Party Thing. The Diva shows are so much fun, but if you want to avoid sexual innuendo stay away from those. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:38 AM, CruisingWalter said:

That's pretty much it right there. All the musical entertainment throughout the ship is great.  Duel Reality is the most 'safe' show along with Untitled Dance Party Thing. The Diva shows are so much fun, but if you want to avoid sexual innuendo stay away from those. 

Awesome

On 7/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, basketballdad said:

Anything non- sexual... no drag queens, no sex themed comedy, etc... just regular stuff you would see on a regular ship?  Again, to each there own... I am looking for some regular shows.

This may not be your cruise line.  Again to each their own, but this is ADULTS ONLY.  There is no accommodation for tender ears or eyes. Many people are drawn to ADULTS only but the entertainment is going to be geared to ADULTS.  Again you may be more comfortable on a different line.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

This may not be your cruise line.  Again to each their own, but this is ADULTS ONLY.  There is no accommodation for tender ears or eyes. Many people are drawn to ADULTS only but the entertainment is going to be geared to ADULTS.  Again you may be more comfortable on a different line.

This.  100%.

Why would someone pick a line that is LGBT-friendly and for adults when they clearly aren't comfortable with either?

Just now, benjaminnicholas said:

This.  100%.

Why would someone pick a line that is LGBT-friendly and for adults when they clearly aren't comfortable with either?

wow what a myopic judgemental comment.  Are you saying there is no place for a people who just want a cruise with no children without it being hyper sexualized or have alternative lifestyles shoved in our faces?  Thankfully there are enough comments above to ensure we will have a great cruise and be able to enjoy great food, music, and ports.  

• Haha 1

Just now, basketballdad said:

wow what a myopic judgemental comment.  Are you saying there is no place for a people who just want a cruise with no children without it being hyper sexualized or have alternative lifestyles shoved in our faces?  Thankfully there are enough comments above to ensure we will have a great cruise and be able to enjoy great food, music, and ports.  

Yeah, you picked the wrong boat.  'Shoved' and 'hypersexualized' say it all.

Enjoy VV...  You're not their target market and will realize it quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benjaminnicholas said:

Yeah, you picked the wrong boat.  'Shoved' and 'hypersexualized' say it all.

Enjoy VV...  You're not their target market and will realize it quickly.

stop judging us.  No room here for extremists.   ya, great food, no kids, good ports, a hammock, we will be just fine.  

41 minutes ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

have you been on VV? Adults only doesn’t mean everything is sexy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

have you been on VV? Adults only doesn’t mean everything is sexy.

Not so much sexualized, but if you offended by innuendo, a Diva, the full range of human interaction - VV may not be your line. There are plenty of lines that attempt to offend nobody.  If dancing on the floor with men dancing together or women dancing together or people of all orientations sharing PDA, then VV may notbe your line.  All are welcome, all are included but if you are going to blush at the slightest adult topic VV might not be your line.

Edited by CrazyTrain2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

Not so much sexualized, but if you offended by innuendo, a Diva, the full range of human interaction - VV may not be your line. There are plenty of lines that attempt to offend nobody.

WE are not offended, just want a quite cruise with music, good food, no kids, good resort at Bimni and I think we found it with VV

I wish some posters here would leave their judgements at the door.  this is 2023 afterall

5 minutes ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

Not so much sexualized, but if you offended by innuendo, a Diva, the full range of human interaction - VV may not be your line. There are plenty of lines that attempt to offend nobody.  If dancing on the floor with men dancing together or women dancing together or people of all orientations sharing PDA, then VV may notbe your line.  All are welcome, all are included but if you are going to blush at the slightest adult topic VV might not be your line.

And the OP has not mentioned that is an issue. They asked what shows are PG-13 level, not about the types of guest onboard. 

Just now, jon81uk said:

And the OP has not mentioned that is an issue. They asked what shows are PG-13 level, not about the types of guest onboard. 

Sure, in the beginning.

But then the op showed their hand using adjectives like 'shoved' and 'hypersexualized''

If you let someone talk long enough, they show you who they are.

• Like 1

This is getting ugly.  I'm 68, relatively conservative , and loved VV.  There were shows on VV that I loved and shows that I chose not to attend because I thought they'd be "too much."  I didn't see any behavior on VV that I haven't seen on DCL unless you count no kids pushing all the elevator buttons, trashing the drink stations, or stealing from host carts while screaming up and down the halls. The PDA, the "OMG" outfits were no worse than what is on Disney. If someone wants to wear a skirt slit up to their private parts, that's their business; I don't have to look at it.  I did go to a couple of Diva events--bingo was great and funny, around the world was a different diva and not nearly as good.  I went to VHS exercise as well as other classes.

The food was great, most of the events were good, the music was good, loved the hammock so much that we bought one when we got home, etc.  Yes, one night in Test Kitchen, we sat next to a lovely pair of men who I would guess were gay.  So what?  I had gay friends in college, and that was almost a million years ago.  Not my business....we had lovely dinner conversation.  There were guys by the elevator on Scarlet night wearing the same shirts we had on, but theirs were better accessorized.  It isn't my place to approve or disapprove of someone's life choices.  It is my responsibility to behave decently toward everyone on board.  If I find something to be uninteresting (this happened) or inappropriate, I can leave.  

Bottom line, VV was good enough that we got off our first cruise with 3 more booked.  I hope OP finds the cruise to be more pleasant than some of the comments in this thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, basketballdad said:

WE are not offended, just want a quite cruise with music, good food, no kids, good resort at Bimni and I think we found it with VV

I wish some posters here would leave their judgements at the door.  this is 2023 afterall

You have chosen the wrong cruise line. This isn’t just Adults Only. On this line, Adults Only really does mean that all (or most) has sort of a sexy undertone. And a very gender- fluid, open sexual undertone. All Adults only isn’t like that. For example, this is nothing like a Sandals vacation which is adults only but fairly conservative with very few LGBTQ+ couples.

If your choice of wording is any indication, you aren’t going to be happy at all. Truly, honestly, choose another option.