Can't get correct price difference

JillK

Has anyone experienced the following scenario.... we are two weeks away from final payment and I noticed a small price drop of $260 on my upcoming cruise. This is consistent when pricing the cabin two doors down from ours in the same category both on NCL.com and on the site of the TA through whom I booked.

When I called yesterday, the TA had to call NCL who advised there is a drop, but it was half of what I was expecting ($130). The TA was also not sure why I wasn't being quoted the $260 difference as that was also the number she had on her screen. 

Should I call again in the hopes of getting a different NCL agent who can process this correctly? I think we may have had a junior person on the line since he initially said that I wouldn't loose the double latitudes points promo I booked under and then came back and said that his manager has advised that if I re-priced, I would loose that benefit as it is not available today (which I already knew and was prepared to loose).

Has anyone here thought they could realize a price difference that they weren't able to get like the scenario above and what, if anything, did you do to try to get the price drop? 

Not sure why before final payment I would still have to pay $130 more than someone booking it today? 

Thanks! 

are you looking at the overall price including port taxes and fees? I noticed it before that while cruise fare price went down, the port taxes and fees went up making the difference not so much 

34 minutes ago, JillK said:

Has anyone experienced the following scenario.... we are two weeks away from final payment and I noticed a small price drop of $260 on my upcoming cruise. This is consistent when pricing the cabin two doors down from ours in the same category both on NCL.com and on the site of the TA through whom I booked.

When I called yesterday, the TA had to call NCL who advised there is a drop, but it was half of what I was expecting ($130). The TA was also not sure why I wasn't being quoted the $260 difference as that was also the number she had on her screen. 

Should I call again in the hopes of getting a different NCL agent who can process this correctly? I think we may have had a junior person on the line since he initially said that I wouldn't loose the double latitudes points promo I booked under and then came back and said that his manager has advised that if I re-priced, I would loose that benefit as it is not available today (which I already knew and was prepared to loose).

Has anyone here thought they could realize a price difference that they weren't able to get like the scenario above and what, if anything, did you do to try to get the price drop? 

Not sure why before final payment I would still have to pay $130 more than someone booking it today? 

Thanks! 

Cancel and rebook. You will get the promotions currently in effect. 

28 minutes ago, shof515 said:

are you looking at the overall price including port taxes and fees? I noticed it before that while cruise fare price went down, the port taxes and fees went up making the difference not so much 

Actually I was trying to figure out the differences so I broke everything down. Taxes and fees, bev package gratuities and fare have all gone down - the fare is obviously due to a small drop, but the other fees are due to an improvement in exchange rate since the rate in place when I booked (long story for the first time I booked NCL in Cdn at their exchange rate as it was on par with going exchange rate at the time but slightly cheaper as I saved the bank's 2.5% exchange fee).

Oddly the dining package gratuities went up so I am assuming this is a change across board (we have two nights on a 14 night cruise). 

In any case, to book today would be $255 cheaper (lost $5 since yesterday) than what I was told yesterday by the agent (only $130 - may also be $5 less today). Couldn't figure that out. 

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Cancel and rebook. You will get the promotions currently in effect. 

Yea I might go that route -- I am deposited with a CruiseFirst so think I am still within the window allowed to book but I think I would have to wait for it to come back into my account before re-using it right? Ugh. Ultimately if it's too much hassle I might also just leave it be. We have two cabins on a Med cruise in 2025 booked so if I end up going the route of getting FCC back before sailing, at least I know I can use it.