Main Dining Room - can you order more than 1 entree/appetizer/etc.

It’s been awhile since I cruised last. On Disney cruises in past, if we were stuck ordering between 2 entrees if both sounded very good or you wanted to try 2 different appetizers, no problem - servers would bring you both! Got to try a lot of food I never would have had the chance to because if this. We could also mix and match entrees and their sides to our preference and liking or order an additional side. Can you do the same in the complimentary main dining rooms on NCL?

Yes.  There were often times that none of the entree options appealed to me, so I had multiple appetizers instead.  They were more than happy to oblige any requests within reason.  There are certain dishes where they may be unable to omit ingredients, but I would think that is the same with most mass dining options.

There were times when I'd order my main entree and want to taste a different one and would ask for a "small portion" of it. I really can't eat 2 whole entrees but I do like "tasting". So that's how I do it..........or you can ask for 2 or 3 "small portions" of 2 or 3 entrees or appetizers. etc....however you like it. 

9 hours ago, KCfromMontana said:

It’s been awhile since I cruised last. On Disney cruises in past, if we were stuck ordering between 2 entrees if both sounded very good or you wanted to try 2 different appetizers, no problem - servers would bring you both! Got to try a lot of food I never would have had the chance to because if this. We could also mix and match entrees and their sides to our preference and liking or order an additional side. Can you do the same in the complimentary main dining rooms on NCL?

Oh, hell yes.

Usually I do multiple appetizers and 1 entree or I'll ask for 2 small entrees because I know I can't eat it all.  Other times, I'll get an entree that some of us want to try, so then we share it.  And sometimes we order an extra entree w/o the sides 😊

14 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I am really looking forward to trying some new foods, so I am hoping they can do small portions as I've always been a somewhat picky eater so didnt want to waste the money if I didnt like something.  I also dont want to waste a full portion if I just dont like it.. 

What money, it’s all included in your fare. Cruise portions are much smaller than portions on land because they know people order more since in all included. 

4 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Glad NCL is keeping this as is. Royal has an obnoxious new "clean your plate" policy that you can only order a second entre after finishing your first.

Yikes!  What if you don't like it?

29 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Glad NCL is keeping this as is. Royal has an obnoxious new "clean your plate" policy that you can only order a second entre after finishing your first.

You can get your second entree when you done with your first. The One Bite policy just adds time, but the end result is the same. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can get your second entree when you done with your first. The One Bite policy just adds time, but the end result is the same. 

If I am interpreting you correctly, this means I can take a few bites of entree #1 and proclaim I’m finished/done with it, then order a second entree?  Clever.

Edited by laudergayle

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I guess it wasn't clear I meant outside of the cruise world wasting money

I did misinterpret, I’m the opposite of a picky eater and want to try everything (love small plates restaurants), but I don’t have a large appetite, so I enjoy smaller portions (and will split them with family members who also aren’t picky -but my 5 kids are in their 20’s and can eat). No waste from us!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Though the obnoxious part is bang on , the clean your plate part is completely false !

On 7/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, laudergayle said:

If I am interpreting you correctly, this means I can take a few bites of entree #1 and proclaim I’m finished/done with it, then order a second entree?  Clever.

You can order a second Entree at the same time as your first , they just wont bring it to you until you are "done" with the first . 1 bite or cleaned plate doesn't matter !

Cheers

• Thanks 1